• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Bible did you have in Church with you yesterday?

Marcia

Active Member
I've been sick and missed the past 2 Sundays but the Bible in my car that I've usually been taking with me is a personal sized NKJV Thompson Chain. However, the last Sunday I was in church, I had the Apologetics Study Bible for Students (Holman Standard) since I have 2 articles in it and wanted to show it to my pastor and others.

I have different Bibles at home.
 

rsr

<b> 7,000 posts club</b>
Moderator
Holman. That's what I usually carry (because it's smaller than my ESV).
 

Ivon Denosovich

New Member
New Living Translation, second edition. It's the only Bible our church uses and I've heard from smarter people than me (i.e. those who know Greek) that's it's a very good balance between readability and accuracy.
 

Zenas

Active Member
NASB. I've worn out two of them and will soon purchase another. Going to church without my NASB would be like going to church without clothes.
 

Benjamin

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
KJV/NIV Parallel, I read with the junior high from the NIV while checking often with the KJV to see what it really says.

:smilewinkgrin:
 
Top