• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Bible did you have in Church with you yesterday?

Bob Alkire

New Member
My trusty old ASV.

I take my KJV to church and do about 80 to 99 % of my study in it. But with that said I love the ASV 1901, I hava an old one taped up and a hard cover one given to me by a friend I met on line a few years ago. When Alva J. McClain read from it, it was a thing to hear, it just came alive.
 
Last Sunday:

AM: It was raining and I didn't want to mess up one of my better Bibles so I took a Trinitarian Bible Society Windsor Text Bible. It was damaged slightly by the very hard rain.

PM: The rain had stopped, so I took my R. L. Allan & Sons Oxford Brevier Blackface Bible.
 

Dr. Bob

Administrator
Administrator
Carry a Scofield 1769 oxford revision of the 1611 Anglican Version. I have used a Scofield (old) since 1957 and can zip around in it in case of questions, etc.

Used a N/A/A Greek since I am preaching from the New Testament. And asked about the passage for NEXT Sunday (Give us this day our daily bread) about the double use or emphasis on "this day/daily". Was able to show it was NOT a doulbe use, but two vastly different words with meaning that will give great insight into God's provision for us.

How exciting to actually have the Words of God and not depend on what "looks" like fact in translations!!
 

TC

Active Member
Site Supporter
My belatedly purchased new TNIV.

I was going to take my TNIV, but I left it on the table at home. When I got to church, I noticed I did not have it so I grabbed a KJV from under the seat in the van.
 
Top