1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What constitutes "marriage"?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by menageriekeeper, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

If what you are saying is true (which it isn't) then you are saying that christians DO NOT SIN.
    because in God's eyes all sin is sin it only took Adam and Eve one sin to seperate them from a Holy God. and all they did was eat some fruit. do you think some people are "better" than others depending on what they DO. that is what you are saying right?

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

saturneptune;
    There is a sin and there is a sin unto death and adultry is a sin unto death. I can't believe what I am hearing.

1 John, chapter 5
    "16": If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

3. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Brother Bob a brother or sister is one who is SAVED! so you believe you can lose your salvation then? are you contridicting yourself?

4. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Where does it say adultry is a sin unto death? I see alot of christians walking around who haven't died, including king David. are you saying they were never saved?

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Frenchy;
    No, I don't think they were saved in the first place. Same as the URL you gave me. He said the same thing that he was not a Christian in the first place, that I agree.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

All sin is a sin unto death. If I recall Paul,s letters, he lists fornication along with several other things which will not see the Kingdom of Heaven. Where are you getting adultry has a special status? I cannot believe what I am hearing.

7. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

What about murder? You think the church can forgive that too or does it take God?

8. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

No BB, a person who lives in habitual sin not confessing their sin or acknowledging they are sinning is more than likely NOT saved. i agree. but we ALL sin at some points even one who may commit adultry. but we who are really saved FEEL BAD and acknowledge our sin and ask for forgiveness.

Big difference. even king david acknowledged his sin and repented!

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I am not saying adultry cannot be forgiven, just that it takes God to do the forgiving. I can forgive my brethren their trespasses but I can't forgive adultry, it takes God to do that.

King David didn't have the Holy Ghost!

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think putting sins into different classes before a Holy God is an act of futility. To make a list of sins Christians will never commit once saved, is kind of silly. And Brother Bob, remember what Christ said, to even look at another woman in lust is adultry, now, how many have kept that since saved??? Huh??? lets get real

11. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

I am sorry BB to hear you cannot forgive your brother or sister if they comitted adultry. when the bible clearly asks you to do so. it takes a hard heart not to forgive some of anything. something of which God can do IN and THROUGH you.

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

saturneptune;
    Do you compare adultry with losing your temper?

Frenchy;
    I can forgive but when they committ adultry the sin agains't God and defile the temple and God says he will destroy them. {b] They must go to God to get forgiveness[/b]

13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

This is sad. Adultery is not the unforgiveable sin. Christians can, and do, commit every sin known. Still, their Savior will chastise and bring them to restoration. If it were as easy as extramarital relations to break Jesus' hold on us, it would be a weak hold indeed. Your sin and my sin is no better than that of the adulterer or adulteress.

14. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

the bottom line is that Matt 18 and 1 Cor 5 are talking about dealing with sin in the church. not to CONDEMN a brother or sister but for RESTORATION and bringing a believer back into fellowship with God and other believers.

this is what BB disagreed with in the first place.

15. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Sin means missing the mark (mark being perfection, God's perfection) it was an archery term, when one shot the arrow and missed they called out sin.

the bible says in Romans that everyone has MISSED the mark and fallen short of God's glory.
    no sin is any greater or worse than another. they may have different consequnces but in God's eyes they are all the same.

we are all justified (just as if i had NEVER sinned) through the blood of Jesus, by grace through faith.

16. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It certainly is sad!!! Don't think the majority forgave Jimmy Swaggert though.

Frenchy;
    They were wolves in sheeps clothing.

17. Magnetic Poles

Fred Phelps feels about gays the way you do about adulterers. Being judgmental is a sin too! I pray that you will soften your heart, not to sin, but to those fellow human beings who are sinners just like you, but with perhaps a different weakness.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So you think Adultry and missing church services because of laziness are the same?

19. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

So, you would allow practicing gays in your membership? I wouldn't.

Magnetic Poles;
    Don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say it was unforgivable, just that it takes God to do the forgiving.

20. Magnetic Poles

No, but I think adultery (notice the spelling) and laziness are the same in God's eyes. [​IMG]