1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Which one was saved, the one taken or the one left?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Brother Bob, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Don't get me wrong for the dictionary does say to Capitalize, but the Bible don't usually. I don't mind being corrected .

John, chapter 2 hey believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.
    John, chapter 5 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal li
    John, chapter 7 on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rive
    John, chapter 7 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of D
    John, chapter 10 od came, and the scripture cannot be broken; Say ye
    John, chapter 13 en: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread wi
    John, chapter 17 dition; that the scripture might be fulfilled. An
    John, chapter 19 all be: that the scripture might be fulfilled, which saith, They par
    John, chapter 19 lished, that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith, I thirst.
    John, chapter 19 done, that the scripture should be fulfilled, A bone of him shall no
    John, chapter 19 nd again another scripture saith, They shall look on him whom they p
    John, chapter 20 hey knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Sry Ed:
    (quote)
    Sometimes a person tells such a good tale that you would rather hear the tale than hear the truth .
    I should of said answer instead of truth, in no way would I accuse you of telling an untruth. It is quite Obvious that you are very educated, much more than I for I only took engineering courses in college, and never completed the degree but given the job anyway.

3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I didn't actually make it out of engineering, for I could not pass calculus, in college. But my mother was an English teacher, and proof-read anything I wrote, so I learned to make few mistakes without correction, and I also attempt to read each and every word before I post, so I do not mis-spell any, or make any grammar mistakes. I do not get them all, but that does cut them by 80-90 percent. But it means I take three times as long to compose a post, as do most, as well.
    Ed

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

You do a good job Ed. I didn't make it out either, but took all the courses the company that I worked for who was paying for me going sent me for 2 years to take. Courses in mostly math gave me an engeering title anyway from the Company, they were several engineers at that time who had went under the GI Bill and had took short terms also. I mostly was a trouble shooter in 10 manufacturing factories in Michigan with 2 factories in Canada.

5. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I did later graduate from Bible College, but took six years to get through a four year course, and with 2.35 out of 4.00 grade point, with 4.0 being "A". And it took 2.00 average to graduate. And I assure you my college was in no danger of being confused with Oxford or Harvard as to quality of courses.

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

The KJV does not capitalize, here it is true. In fact, I do not know the KJV ever capitalizes "Scripture".
    I happen to use the NKJV, which capitalizes in each instance you cited. And a quote from Scripture is not capitalized, as such.

(Language Cop was referring to the everyday use of the word "Scripture", not particular quotes from any translation of "Scripture", so he says. I don't argue with Language Cop, too much, for he keeps me on my toes.)

From what I've been told, in fact, there was no capitalization and non-capitalization in the original languages when the Bible was written, anyway. I don't know. That was just a little bit, like from 1900 years to 3500 years before my time.
    Ed