Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
:applause: :applause:Which KJV? Oxford or Cambridge?
I suppose you are speaking to me also, since I made the last post before yours. What I posted was not against the KJV, but rather a FACT about the KJV and the KJV translator's opinions of footnotes.
Sigh... I guess one man's truth is another man's bashing- whatever.
The KJV does not have footnotes, but it has marginal notes.
Askjo said:Which version? Oxford or Cambridge?
I'm not sure on this one, but I am pretty sure that he is certainly not KJVBO (King James Version Barker Only) apparently, considering he seemingly did not even know that Robert Barker was the ONLY publisher AUTHORIZED to publish the 1611 and 1612 editions (Post # 82).Now I'm confused. Is Askjo KJVOO (King James Version Oxford Only), or KJVCO (King James Version Cambridge Only)?
Now I'm confused. Is Askjo KJVOO (King James Version Oxford Only), or KJVCO (King James Version Cambridge Only)?
I am enjoying this thread and learning at the same time.
I am also noticing the lack of honesty many KJVO people have.
WHen they are given photographic proof that they are wrong, they still blindly hold to their erroneous position.
Sadly, many love being right more than they love the truth.
Which KJV? Oxford or Cambridge?
Get hold of a reproduction GEN or MCB and pack it around, when in their company. (I'd suggest a GRT, but the chained lectern, table, or pulpit to which it would be affixed is a bit unwieldy to pack around, not to mention the whole thing could easily weigh a ton.) :laugh: :laugh:Can anyone give me the best short answer to the KJVO's? Is it just a dogma that they hold on to no matter what? I'm tired of my faith being trashed and there are some in my family I would like to silence. The best answer I have given that I could come up (among others), is that the originals were not written in KJ english. Also that there were other english bibles prior to the KJV. Any help would be great.
Unfortunately, most KJV-perfectionists are not open to dialogue. It is a complex issue; I can't think of one reponse that would satisfy.Can anyone give me the best short answer to the KJVO's? ...