1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Why does God Allow Christians to Suffer

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Charles Perkins, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He continues the fight that never ends.

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Barry Johnson ?

3. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I highlighted your assertion, which is false. The entire book of Job was written to show your claim to be false.

Suffering is ordained by God according to the mystery of His will. That will is perfect in what it accomplished so that God brings His Sovereign will to pass upon His creation.
    Sin may cause suffering, but we may not sin, yet God chooses to ordain suffering for us to accomplish a greater purpose that we cannot comprehend.
    The question is how will we respond to suffering. Will we declare that God brings both good and evil...blessed be the name of the Lord...or will we respond by cursing God and wanting to die?

Charles, read the book of Job. It is a great treatise on the Sovereign hand of God in suffering.

4. Charles Perkins

Charles Perkins Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Charles is not Barry Confused at least not the last time I looked into the mirror ;). As for predestination I would rather keep that for another thread.

Consider the following scriptures that speak of suffering

Psalm 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

Psalm 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in your mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;

Other scriptures speaking of deliverance in time of trouble and a God that hears our prayers.

Psalm 37:39
    Psalm 86:7
    Psalm 91:15

5. Barry Johnson

Barry Johnson Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Predestination is of existing saints to adoption/glorification, not sinners to conversion. (Eph. 1:5, 11; Rom. 8:23, 29-30)

Election is to service, calling and purpose, not to salvation. (Isa. 42:1; Acts 9:15; Rom. 11:28)

Adoption is the future redemption of the body, not conversion. (Rom. 8:23, 15-17; Gal. 4:1-6)

Sinners become sons of God through the new birth, not through adoption. (John 1:12-13)

God’s sovereignty in salvation means that he executes it in accordance with Scripture and not in accordance with Hindu Fatalism.

6. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I appreciate the zeal Barry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk