1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Without the general redemptton being true.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 37818, Sep 27, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can you hear without ears. Im not speaking of physical ears, but ears Spiritually. Jesus tells us who hears Gods words Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God’s words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour warning -
    This thread will be closed no sooner than 1030 pm EDT / 730 pm PDT

3. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF you are just showing how much of a fool you can be. You have continued to ignore what I post as it does not comport with you errant theology. But I do note you do not answer the question I posted for you. Afraid to show your true colours, that you really do not see the bible as your authority?

BF I have answered that question a number of times but you just do not like the answer. The bible is clear and yet you deny what it says, why is that?

Rom 5:6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
    Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die.
    Rom 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
    Rom 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
    Rom 5:10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

I understand that this really hard for you to accept but just read it slowly and let it sink in. We are "saved by His life"

BF is scripture your authority Yes or No? If you say YES then why do you not accept what it says? If you says NO then why would you call yourself a Christian?

4. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF is scripture your authority Yes or No? If you say YES then why do you not accept what it says? If you say NO then why would you call yourself a Christian?

Don't be afraid BF just answer the question. If you will just admit to yourself that the bible really is not your authority that will be your first step toward really trusting scripture and not your calvinist philosophy.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are afraid to stand up clearly for your inner thoughts on the death of Christ, and whether or not in and of itself it saved them He died for. Yes or No please !

One word please

6. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cant hear without ear to hear. Jesus said it Himself Matt 13:43

Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Moses wrote Deut 29:4

yet the Lord hath not given you an heart to perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.

I hope you know Moses isnt talking about an physical ear

7. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF I understand that trusting scripture is hard for you\n but just give it a serious try. I have made a number of that answer your question but you do not seem to like or perhaps you are just unable to comprehend the answer.

What is it about these verses that confuse you?
    Rom 5:6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
    Rom 5:7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die.
    Rom 5:8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
    Rom 5:9 Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.
    Rom 5:10 For if when we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

I understand that this really hard for you to accept but just read it slowly and let it sink in. We are "saved by His life" Note those last 4 words.

But since you do not think the bible is your authority in regard to salvation I can understand why you reject the scripture that I posted.

8. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said
    Mat 13:16 "But blessed are your eyes, because they see; and your ears, because they hear.
    Mat 13:17 "For truly I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

I do hope you know that Christ was speaking of physical eyes and ears.

9. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are afraid to stand up clearly for your inner thoughts on the death of Christ, and whether or not in and of itself it saved them He died for. Yes or No please !

One word please

10. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Faith cometh by hearing the word of Christ. However where did the hearing come from ?

11. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some heard the word of truth Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

But tell me this, where did their hearing come from ? Jesus says this Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

So were those who heard in Eph 1:13 already of God first ? Yes or No

12. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF why do you have such a hard time accepting what I have said over and over again? Are incapable of understanding clear English?

13. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a dumb question. The gospel is spoken and the person hears. Do you not understand that?

14. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read the words, the person hears the words that are spoken and then responds. They can not respond if they do not hear can they.

15. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Avoided another simple yes or no question to answer.

But tell me this, where did their hearing come from ? Jesus says this Jn 8:47

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.

So were those who heard in Eph 1:13 already of God first ? Yes or No

16. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF you can not be as dumb as you seem to be by your questions. What does the verse say? Do not read your calvinims into the text, just read what it says. If you do that you will avoid many of your problems. How could they be in Christ as they had not heard the gospel. Note word "AFTER".

You struggle way to much with the bible when you try to fit it into your calvinist philosophy. Try to remember this THE BIBLE IS THE AUTHORITY not your calvinism.

17. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    BF as long as you continue to reject what the bible says you will continue to struggle with the truth of scripture. This has just become a circular discussion. You want me to agree with your calvinism, which will not happen, and I keep telling you to trust scripture which it seems you are not will to do or unable to do.

#157 Silverhair, Oct 6, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  18. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sliverhair imagining that somehow people rejecting his philosophy equals rejecting the Bible. He drones on with this foolishness as though people can't see his massive errors.

19. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well since he and you do not accept what the bible says but rather hold to your calvinist philosophy what would you expect people to think. It is just constant denial of scripture with you and BF. But at least your consistent calvinists.

Funny, I keep posting scripture which you and BF call error. That in itself shows how false your view is. Sad part is that you seem unable or more likely just unwilling to accept that your view is error.

20. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And on that note, this thread is closed.

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.