“Be diligent VS Study” is arguable to be correctly translated on 2 Timothy 2:15. NKJV favors “Be diligent” over study on this passage. The KJV favors “study” over “Be diligent.”
However one question is to ask you, what God requires us to do with the Bible? Be diligent? Or Study? Study is a better word than “Be diligent.”
According to Billy Graham’s NKJV New Testament, it shows a hand holding the Bible. I looked at this – 5 things to do with the Bible. It listed:
Be diligent or Study? Billy Graham used a word, “study” for his comment on one paragraph, “What does study mean?” from the first sentence and “What does the Bible say about this subject?” from the last sentence. You see, what did he wrote about is one word, “STUDY.”
According to Salamander, he posted:
However one question is to ask you, what God requires us to do with the Bible? Be diligent? Or Study? Study is a better word than “Be diligent.”
According to Billy Graham’s NKJV New Testament, it shows a hand holding the Bible. I looked at this – 5 things to do with the Bible. It listed:
- Hear
- Read
- Study
- Memorize
- Mediate
Be diligent or Study? Billy Graham used a word, “study” for his comment on one paragraph, “What does study mean?” from the first sentence and “What does the Bible say about this subject?” from the last sentence. You see, what did he wrote about is one word, “STUDY.”
According to Salamander, he posted:
I can be diligent in my endeavor without any study, but I can study to be diligent with a purpose and a plan. "Study" requires reference and consideration, while diligence and aspire only require dedication to a cause.
I strongly agree with him.The verb usage takes command of the language and insists the direction of Paul to Timothy to STUDY along with the exhortation to be diligent in his studies.