1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

A Comparison, Christ vs Mohammed

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Ps104_33, Oct 22, 2001.

1. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Can Anyone give me one verse of scripture from the old or new testement where slavery is called a sin? Slavery was just the very bottom of the class ladder. Today we call them welfare recipients. "....if any would not work, neither should he eat."
    2Thess 3:10

2. John Wells

John Wells New Member

Jimmy said, "Christians still love to buy products made by the hands of impovershed children."

Do you really think Christians say, "Let's go buy some products made by impoverished children?" Does the fact that they may accidentally, without knowing, buy those products condemn them? If you do, I suggest you quit your job, because you won't have time for one, as you'll need to devote full time to researching the company of everything you purchase to rule out those who do this and support that. That's really a pretty rediculous accusation, don't you think?

So, you've made a host of accusations all over the map. What is it you think needs to be done?

3. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by John Wells:
    Jimmy said, "Christians still love to buy products made by the hands of impovershed children."

Do you really think Christians say, "Let's go buy some products made by impoverished children?" Does the fact that they may accidentally, without knowing, buy those products condemn them? If you do, I suggest you quit your job, because you won't have time for one, as you'll need to devote full time to researching the company of everything you purchase to rule out those who do this and support that. That's really a pretty rediculous accusation, don't you think?

So, you've made a host of accusations all over the map. What is it you think needs to be done?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if Christians want to think they are high and mighty, perhaps they should stop helping companies that exploit children and slaves.

Are you implying that sin on indolent ignorance is alright?

4. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ps104_33:
    Can Anyone give me one verse of scripture from the old or new testement where slavery is called a sin? Slavery was just the very bottom of the class ladder. Today we call them welfare recipients. "....if any would not work, neither should he eat."
    2Thess 3:10
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet that took the words right out of Jesus's mouth. If you think slavery is just fine, then why don't you say it, instead of trying to make this a welfare issue. I'm talking about impoverished nations that companies love to make products in because their are no laws against such horrific treatment. If you are so for slavery, the proclaim it! "I think slavery is great!"

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Jimmy,
    "What arrogence! How about the natives that were slaughtered to create the US? How about the Asians that the trans-continental railroad was built on? That railroad is the reason the US could grow. Blacks are still discriminated against in this nation. Women still don't get paid or treated equal. Yeah, this country is great if you are a white heterosexual male."

What is your definition of a Christian? Do you think that Bible-believing Christians support the things that you are complaining about? You keep referring to the U.S., implying that it is a "Christian" nation. Jimmy, America has never been a Christian nation. It is not a Christian nation. It may have been founded upon Christian principles but it is not a Christian nation. As it exists now it is a pluralistic, humanistic, secular nation that is far away from God. True Biblical Christianity has always been in the minority in every nation. The only Christian nation that will ever exist on this earth will be during the millennium when Christ will come in His glory, and will rule from Jerusalem with a rod of iron. All nations will come and worship Him. In the past there have been countries that have had some religion as their state religion, notably in England. The Church of England, the Anglican Church, is the state church. That doesn't really make England a Christian nation does it? On the other hand, in a nation like Pakistan, where the Koran is incorporated right into the constitution, the nation itself is an Islamic Republic. It is one of the most Islamized nations in the world, 97% Islamic. It is an Islamic state or country. They govern according to the Koran, live according to the Koran, and the vast majority are Islamic. True Christians are a minority in every country.
    DHK

6. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Jimmy,

Thanks for bringing up a very important point.

I've often wondered why Christians weren't more active in causes concerning human rights and social justice. I absolutely believe that Jesus would be.

It's important to tell people about Jesus but the Bible also commands us to take care of people who can't stand up for themselves and to stand up for the oppressed.

I was so happy last night that the fundraiser taht my band was asked to play at raised several thousand dollars for an AIDS hospice run by a group of Catholic nuns.

I take a lot of heat from Christians, especially here on BaptistBoard, for being involved with some of the groups I'm involved with but they can't show me Christian groups that are doing the work that Jesus would have us do.

It seems like when it comes to social action, all Christians ever think about are crisis pregnancy centers.

Don't get me wrong, that's a great cause and I support those guys when I can, God bless 'em, but you're absolutely right.

Why aren't Christians involved in helping to stop sweat shops? Why aren't Christians involved in helping to stop child labor violations in third world countries? Why aren't Christians involved in helping to stop female genital mutilation in African countries? Why aren't Christians involved in stopping human rights violations in Northern Ireland? Why aren't Christians protesting unjust drug laws?

Where I grew up in the South and where I live now in N.J. has a church on almost every corner. Can you imagine what would happen if these churches got off their butts and decided that they didn't want to se families in their area go hungry? We could wipe out hunger and homelessness tomorrow. We could put such a dent in drug and alcohol abuse that it would affect every corner of our society.

My church is no different from any of yours'. One or two people get behind an idea and have to drag the rest along kicking and screaming. Soon every one looses interest and the idea is tabled.

It's been my experience that there are three reasons why Christians don't get involved:

1. They don't think that they have anything to contribute. Hey guys, as much time as we spend on BaptistBoard, we can't sit down and write a couple of letters to a congressman? By the way, people always letters, never e-mails and no phone calls until after your first letter is acknowledged.

Anyone who can read can teach someone else to read and if you haven't volunteered for Habitat for Humanity yet, you really are missing out on a good time (not only that, but you learn a lot of skills that come in handy later on).

2. They don't realize how easy it is. Not a problem! There are hundreds of charities that can use you and I promise you will not want for something to do. You will find so many opportunities for ministry it will amaze you.

3. They don't realize that Jesus commanded us to. Dozens of times, maybe even hundreds the Bible tells us to stick up for those who are oppressed.

In fact, James tells us that what God considers real religion is to take care of widows and orphans.

I'm not pointing any fingers here, beacuse I and My church(es) are no different than you and yours but we as Christians are going to have a lot of questions to answer one day if we don't get hot.

Remember what the great Irish freedom fighter, Bobby Sands said <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Every one, no matter how great or how small, has a part to play. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mike

[ October 28, 2001: Message edited by: Smoke_Eater ]

7. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smoke_Eater:
    Jimmy,

Thanks for bringing up a very important point.

I've often wondered why Christians weren't more active in causes concerning human rights and social justice. I absolutely believe that Jesus would be.

It's important to tell people about Jesus but the Bible also commands us to take care of people who can't stand up for themselves and to stand up for the oppressed.

I was so happy last night that the fundraiser taht my band was asked to play at raised several thousand dollars for an AIDS hospice run by a group of Catholic nuns.

I take a lot of heat from Christians, especially here on BaptistBoard, for being involved with some of the groups I'm involved with but they can't show me Christian groups that are doing the work that Jesus would have us do.

It seems like when it comes to social action, all Christians ever think about are crisis pregnancy centers.

Don't get me wrong, that's a great cause and I support those guys when I can, God bless 'em, but you're absolutely right.

Why aren't Christians involved in helping to stop sweat shops? Why aren't Christians involved in helping to stop child labor violations in third world countries? Why aren't Christians involved in helping to stop female genital mutilation in African countries? Why aren't Christians involved in stopping human rights violations in Northern Ireland? Why aren't Christians protesting unjust drug laws?

Where I grew up in the South and where I live now in N.J. has a church on almost every corner. Can you imagine what would happen if these churches got off their butts and decided that they didn't want to se families in their area go hungry? We could wipe out hunger and homelessness tomorrow. We could put such a dent in drug and alcohol abuse that it would affect every corner of our society.

My church is no different from any of yours'. One or two people get behind an idea and have to drag the rest along kicking and screaming. Soon every one looses interest and the idea is tabled.

It's been my experience that there are three reasons why Christians don't get involved:

1. They don't think that they have anything to contribute. Hey guys, as much time as we spend on BaptistBoard, we can't sit down and write a couple of letters to a congressman. By the way, people always letters, never e-mails and no phone calls until after your first letter is acknowledged.

Anyone who can read can teach someone else to read and if you haven't volunteered for Habitat for Humanity yet, you really are missing out on a good time (not only that, but you learn a lot of skills that come in handy later on).

2. They don't realize how easy it is. Not a problem! There are hundreds of charities that can use you and I promise you will not want for something to do. You will find so many opportunities for ministry it will amaze you.

3. They don't realize that Jesus commanded us to. Dozens of times, maybe even hundreds the Bible tells us to stick up for those who are oppressed.

In fact, James tells us that what God considers real religion is to take care of widows and orphans.

I'm not pointing any fingers here, beacuse I and My church(es) are no different than you and yours but we as Christians are going to have a lot of questions to answer one day if we don't get hot.

Remember what the great Irish freedom fighter, Bobby Sands said

Mike

[ October 28, 2001: Message edited by: Smoke_Eater ]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow! :eek:

Very nice words, thoughts, and ideas there. I'm glad you do go out and make a difference. The actions of one man far outweigh the words of one hundred men. I realize that there are Christians out there that bust their hump trying to change the world, but I'm also equally in thought that there are many more christians that come up with excuses and ignore reality like those that have posted in this thread. Hopefully, one day the actions of people like you and me, will outweigh the indolence of the others.

8. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DHK:
    Jimmy,
    "What arrogence! How about the natives that were slaughtered to create the US? How about the Asians that the trans-continental railroad was built on? That railroad is the reason the US could grow. Blacks are still discriminated against in this nation. Women still don't get paid or treated equal. Yeah, this country is great if you are a white heterosexual male."

What is your definition of a Christian? Do you think that Bible-believing Christians support the things that you are complaining about? You keep referring to the U.S., implying that it is a "Christian" nation. Jimmy, America has never been a Christian nation. It is not a Christian nation. It may have been founded upon Christian principles but it is not a Christian nation. As it exists now it is a pluralistic, humanistic, secular nation that is far away from God. True Biblical Christianity has always been in the minority in every nation. The only Christian nation that will ever exist on this earth will be during the millennium when Christ will come in His glory, and will rule from Jerusalem with a rod of iron. All nations will come and worship Him. In the past there have been countries that have had some religion as their state religion, notably in England. The Church of England, the Anglican Church, is the state church. That doesn't really make England a Christian nation does it? On the other hand, in a nation like Pakistan, where the Koran is incorporated right into the constitution, the nation itself is an Islamic Republic. It is one of the most Islamized nations in the world, 97% Islamic. It is an Islamic state or country. They govern according to the Koran, live according to the Koran, and the vast majority are Islamic. True Christians are a minority in every country.
    DHK
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must be an atheist trolling as a theist. I keep hearing the phrase "true christian", but the only people I see that are truly christians, never call themselves that. And there are many faiths that are true christians, the ones that follow in the footsteps of Jesus. But the people that consider themselves True Christians are the danger to the earth, for they are the radicals, the ones that think everyone is crazy but them.

For you to think the US isn't a Christian nation is absolute insanity. Not ONE leader of the US has ever been anything but a christian. The fact that a religous right exists is pure evidence that this nation is still a christian institution. And lucky for us, the radical religious right has lit the keg of gun powder that will finally silence the religious right and perhaps the "true christians" can make the world more a vision that Jesus had, rather than the repugnant hypocrisy you have in mind.

Here is a suggestion for reading. Get the Brother Karamozov. If you can't handle the whole book, just buy the chapter "The Grand Inquisitor" by Fydor Dostoyevsky. Learn about your own religion!

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For those that are supporting Islam:

BEHAWALPUR, Pakistan — Thousands of wailing Pakistani Christians on Monday crowded into the same church where masked gunmen killed 16 people a day earlier amidst anti-Western unrest against the U.S.-led attacks on Afghanistan.

Would you mind getting the word out to your Islamic brethren that yours is a religion of peace?....

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

"For you to think the US isn't a Christian nation is absolute insanity. Not ONE leader of the US has ever been anything but a christian." (Jimmy)

And I suppose Clinton is your role model for a Christian? John F. Kennedy was Catholic, but not a Christian. There is a difference. I am sorry to burst your bubble. You had better check what they are teaching in the public schools, and in fact in every public educational institution in America. First let me say this. You can't teach education in a vaccuum. Every educational system has a religious foundation. The religious foundation in the public educational system of America starting from Kindergarten and going throughout university is Humanism. It is anti-Christian, anti-God, and does not tolerate any religion that would dare to set forth their beliefs in a dogmatic way. Read the Humanist Manifesto for yourself. This humanism is being indoctrinated into our children--that there are no absolutes, everything is relative, you are your own god, etc. If there is a national religion of America it is Humanism not Christianity. America is not a Christian nation. Do a little research on the subject before you come out firing with such inane statements.
    DHK

11. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DHK:
    "For you to think the US isn't a Christian nation is absolute insanity. Not ONE leader of the US has ever been anything but a christian." (Jimmy)

And I suppose Clinton is your role model for a Christian? John F. Kennedy was Catholic, but not a Christian. There is a difference. I am sorry to burst your bubble. You had better check what they are teaching in the public schools, and in fact in every public educational institution in America. First let me say this. You can't teach education in a vaccuum. Every educational system has a religious foundation. The religious foundation in the public educational system of America starting from Kindergarten and going throughout university is Humanism. It is anti-Christian, anti-God, and does not tolerate any religion that would dare to set forth their beliefs in a dogmatic way. Read the Humanist Manifesto for yourself. This humanism is being indoctrinated into our children--that there are no absolutes, everything is relative, you are your own god, etc. If there is a national religion of America it is Humanism not Christianity. America is not a Christian nation. Do a little research on the subject before you come out firing with such inane statements.
    DHK
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like you. You're silly. ;) Apparently you are also living in Canada, which of right now is not part of the US. So I'm making an assumption that you lived in the US at some point. As to American schools teaching humanism, I must make a point to you. Do you go to church to learn math or science?

The dichotomy of education and religion is hardly a bad thing. Heck, it was the church that caused it. Religion wouldn't allow for its incorrect doctrine to be scrutinized. So why would anyone be against a forum that separates education of the sciences, maths, and literatures from an entity that didn't maintain a legitmacy within it.

When one goes to school, they learn about biology, algebra, history. There is no where for religion to be placed in, nor is it necessary. When students are taught about the gravitational constant, they aren't taught that no god created it that way. They are taught how the gravitational constant affects the universe. When students are taught about cellular structures, they are taught the interactions of the individual parts of a cell with each other. They are not told that materialism or a humanistic force controls the cells. When students are taught about binomials, they are taught how to reduce or multiply them. They are not taught that such mathematics are humanistic or that god doesn't exist.

In the lower schooling, students are taught the what's (what is happening). In higher education, students are taught the why's (why something happens). The origins of such objects is very irrelevent in high school and college. Whether god makes the animal cell and not the plant cell have a mitochondria is irrelevent, the key is what IS! Not who in the whole scheme of things made it that way. This is what church is for. Don't blame the death of churches on schooling. If younger people are becoming disinterested in religion, perhaps that means churches should be trying to gain students' attention in a better way. However, to blame schools of being humanistic is a rather empty attack. Schools exist to explain to students what and why something is. The ultimate origins are not written in stone and are highly open to judgement. People can not argue x^2 + 5x +6 doesn't reduce to (x+2)(x+3). People can argue religion. Lower and upper schools is not the place for that. Schooling is for the teaching of absolutes. Church is for the teaching of metaphysics.

12. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DHK:
    [QBDo a little research on the subject before you come out firing with such inane statements.
    DHK[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought I would show you the research which has already been done by the likes of me. One of the best things this nation's history bestows in the name of Christianity is the Manifest Destiny. Take a gander at this, which was published in 1839 by John O'Sullivan:
    <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> We have no interest in the scenes of antiquity, only as lessons of avoidance of nearly all their examples. The expansive future is our arena, and for our history. We are entering on its untrodden space, with the truths of God in our minds, beneficent objects in our hearts, and with a clear conscience unsullied by the past. We are the nation of human progress, and who will, what can, set limits to our onward march? Providence is with us, and no earthly power can. We point to the everlasting truth on the first page of our national declaration, and we proclaim to the millions of other lands, that "the gates of hell" -- the powers of aristocracy and monarchy -- "shall not prevail against it."

The far-reaching, the boundless future will be the era of American greatness. In its magnificent domain of space and time, the nation of many nations is destined to manifest to mankind the excellence of divine principles; to establish on earth the noblest temple ever dedicated to the worship of the Most High -- the Sacred and the True. Its floor shall be a hemisphere -- its roof the firmament of the star-studded heavens, and its congregation an Union of many Republics, comprising hundreds of happy millions, calling, owning no man master, but governed by God's natural and moral law of equality, the law of brotherhood -- of "peace and good will amongst men.". . .
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, I guess I could be taking what he says out of context, however, I don't think I am. Such was the belief of America during the 1800's in our march over the blood of other unfortunate races, racing to the other ocean. Now are you trying to say the doctrine that guided American Foreign Policy in the 1800's wasn't founded in Christian Doctrine?

13. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

I'm still waiting for some scripture saying slavery is a sin. Can anyone help me?

14. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ps104_33:
    I'm still waiting for some scripture saying slavery is a sin. Can anyone help me?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I bet that took the words right out of Jesus's mouth. If you think slavery is just fine, then why don't you say it? If you are so for slavery, then proclaim it! "I, ps104_33, think slavery is great!"

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

"You must be an atheist trolling as a theist. I keep hearing the phrase "true christian", but the only people I see that are truly christians, never call themselves that.
    The dichotomy of education and religion is hardly a bad thing.
    When one goes to school, they learn about biology, algebra, history. There is no where for religion to be placed in, nor is it necessary. When students are taught about the gravitational constant, they aren't taught that no god created it that way."
    ---They are in our school. (God created gravity not evolution)

Well, at least by your posts I can see who the atheist is. Have you taken a look into the home- schooling forum yet? How about the creation/evolution forum? You might want to check them out.
    If "the dichotomy of education and religion is hardly a bad thing," why are Christian schools continuing to open and increase in attendance, while public school attendance declines and in some areas schools have to be shut down? Why are so many Christian parents so concerned about their children's education that they either home-school their children from kindergarten onward, or pull their children out of public school once they see the harmful effects of humanism, evolution, drugs, violence, etc.? Humanism and evolution walk hand in hand with each other. Huxley himself said that he believed in evolution "not because it was credible, but because belief in God was far too incredible." It is an atheistic position that is being promoted in education: biology, social studies (anthropology), even history, and still others all taught from the all pervasive evolutionary point of view--not because it is true, but because it is politically correct. Again in courses that involve ethics, sex education, the social sciences--if it feels good it. I almost laugh at your statement,
    "Schooling is for the teaching of absolutes. Church is for the teaching of metaphysics."
    Some years ago the minister of education here boldly stated, "The only absolute is that there are no absolutes." That is the humanist lie, right out of the textbook. That's what they are teaching your (the American) children. They teach there is no right and wrong. Everything is relative. Situation ethics is the common theme. Whereas in contradistinction the Bible is a book of absolutes. Far from teaching "metaphysics," it teaches the ten commandments--the difference between right and wrong.
    It teaches about the origin of the universe, and it can because there was someone to observe it--God!
    True science is knowledge gained by observation, then classified in an orderly fashion. True science must have an observer. With evolution there was and is no observer. Don't call it science. It is scientism--taught in your schools.
    I love America. It was and is a nation that was founded on Christian principles. Its constitution and laws are based on Christian principles. But that does not make the nation a Christian nation. It is far from "Christian." There is no such thing as a Christian nation.
    DHK

16. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Next time you drive around, check out the names of the hospitals. St. Luke's, St. Matthews, Presbyterian Hospital, Methodist Hospital, St. Jude's, etc. etc.

Ever see Mohammed's Hospital? St. Abdul's? St. Ahmed's?

17. Stabby

Stabby New Member

Are not the Shriners hospitals muslim based?

stabby---

18. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Are not the Shriners hospitals muslim based? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. Despite the claims of many on these Boards, the Shriners are NOT a religious organization.

19. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DHK:
    "You must be an atheist trolling as a theist. I keep hearing the phrase "true christian", but the only people I see that are truly christians, never call themselves that.
    The dichotomy of education and religion is hardly a bad thing.
    When one goes to school, they learn about biology, algebra, history. There is no where for religion to be placed in, nor is it necessary. When students are taught about the gravitational constant, they aren't taught that no god created it that way."
    ---They are in our school. (God created gravity not evolution)

Well, at least by your posts I can see who the atheist is. Have you taken a look into the home- schooling forum yet? How about the creation/evolution forum? You might want to check them out.
    If "the dichotomy of education and religion is hardly a bad thing," why are Christian schools continuing to open and increase in attendance, while public school attendance declines and in some areas schools have to be shut down? Why are so many Christian parents so concerned about their children's education that they either home-school their children from kindergarten onward, or pull their children out of public school once they see the harmful effects of humanism, evolution, drugs, violence, etc.? Humanism and evolution walk hand in hand with each other. Huxley himself said that he believed in evolution "not because it was credible, but because belief in God was far too incredible." It is an atheistic position that is being promoted in education: biology, social studies (anthropology), even history, and still others all taught from the all pervasive evolutionary point of view--not because it is true, but because it is politically correct. Again in courses that involve ethics, sex education, the social sciences--if it feels good it. I almost laugh at your statement,
    "Schooling is for the teaching of absolutes. Church is for the teaching of metaphysics."
    Some years ago the minister of education here boldly stated, "The only absolute is that there are no absolutes." That is the humanist lie, right out of the textbook. That's what they are teaching your (the American) children. They teach there is no right and wrong. Everything is relative. Situation ethics is the common theme. Whereas in contradistinction the Bible is a book of absolutes. Far from teaching "metaphysics," it teaches the ten commandments--the difference between right and wrong.
    It teaches about the origin of the universe, and it can because there was someone to observe it--God!
    True science is knowledge gained by observation, then classified in an orderly fashion. True science must have an observer. With evolution there was and is no observer. Don't call it science. It is scientism--taught in your schools.
    I love America. It was and is a nation that was founded on Christian principles. Its constitution and laws are based on Christian principles. But that does not make the nation a Christian nation. It is far from "Christian." There is no such thing as a Christian nation.
    DHK
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was an impressive method of ducking what I presented, especially the reference I added on the history of the US being strictly Christian based.

But I transgress and will now comment on what you did decide to post on. You know, I find it very humorous that you keep on bringing up evolution in the discussion of secular education. You do realize that teachers in public schools aren't allowed to teach evolution directly. I wasn't taught it, I was taught the various humanoids that preceeded us, however, evolution wasn't never mentioned in class. To go even further, what are you talking about with drugs and violence in public schools? Are you suggesting that the "secularist" schools encourage the use of drugs and the means of violence? The school I went to strongly condemned violence and drug education started in late elementary school, that is the BAD drugs, nevermind the anti-smoking agenda. I just don't understand where you are coming from saying something like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> It is an atheistic position that is being promoted in education: biology, social studies (anthropology), even history, and still others all taught from the all pervasive evolutionary point of view--not because it is true, but because it is politically correct. Again in courses that involve ethics, sex education, the social sciences--if it feels good it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know, the majority of people in this country are believers in God. I didn't notice one person change their belief because what they were taught in school. I'd like to know about history how humanism has struck there. You seem to have a weak understanding of the history of the United States, not even knowing its heavily founded Christian roots that bloomed into the hyprocrisy and desolation that led to the manifest destiny and the slaughter and detainment of too many races.

As to social sciences and sex education, what the heck are you talking about. "If it feels good..."? Sex education is taught so that people are educated about sex and all of its consequences from pregnancy to STD's. You know, STD's are no where to be found in the bible. Granted, parents should be teaching their own children this information, however, teachers with a deeper knowledge on the science and know what are myths and what aren't is a very excellent supplement to what the parents should already be teaching their kids. Having two sources for one subject is never a bad thing. As to suggesting sex education promotes sexual activity, you must be either very sheltered or extremely naive. My grandfather was grand on saying, "It's like you people thought you invented sex or something." The "sexual appetite" of teenagers today is no less different than that of 50 or 100 or 400 years ago. By educating children, they can be kept away from being unnecessarily endangered from ****** mistakes that young adults can make. Teaching abstenance is worthless. It disregards the science of it all and it regards a history of abstinence that never existed in the first place.

As for social sciences, "if it feels good." Where the heck are you going with that?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Schooling is for the teaching of absolutes. Church is for the teaching of metaphysics." - Me<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Earth revolves around the Sun.
    1 + 1 = 2
    An acid turns blue litmus paper red.
    The country was declared independant on 1776.

Please stop me when I mention something as an absolute that isn't true.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>They teach there is no right and wrong. Everything is relative. Situation ethics is the common theme. Whereas in contradistinction the Bible is a book of absolutes. Far from teaching "metaphysics," it teaches the ten commandments--the difference between right and wrong. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The ten commandments?! Only the last five deal with actions regarding other people. The bible says that slavery is cool, should schools teach that? As for ethics, that's a parent thing right? You don't seem to want to teach you children anything. Let the school do it all for you. Geesh, if you need the bible to tell you killing is wrong, then why even bother living at all. Your value system is corrupt on its own.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> It teaches about the origin of the universe, and it can because there was someone to observe it--God!
    True science is knowledge gained by observation, then classified in an orderly fashion. True science must have an observer. With evolution there was and is no observer. Don't call it science. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The origin of the universe in the bible? Surely you jest. NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE, will it tell you where or when the earth originated. In the beginning, the earth was already there. Now if you do not give creedence to the big bang, or rather big expansion theory, that is your choice. However, I strong doubt that you have given any serious thought to the theory. Nor have you looked at any of the recent evidence given by the CMB research. Nor have you really studied the bible, for if you had, you'd know when the first story of creation was written, who it was written by, the form in which it was written, and why it was written. A true believer scrutinizes their own beliefs. This is how their beliefs become stronger. However, I don't think you have either scrutinized your own beliefs, but not even the ones you hold so firmly and arrogently against.

As to evolution, you know, I don't recall defending evolution. Why are you saying I have? Again, as for evolution, it isn't taught in public schools. I don't know where you are getting that from!

Christian principles? Please explain Article 1, Section 2, mainly the 3/5 compromise part on counting the number of people per state to determine legislatures. Was the manifest destiny the glory of Christ?

20. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Smoke_Eater:

No. Despite the claims of many on these Boards, the Shriners are NOT a religious organization.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the Shriners were based on the religion of funny hats. Maybe I'm mistaken, or is that a religion not recognized by the Federal Government?