• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are People who "used" to be a Christian still saved?

NaasPreacher (C4K)

Well-Known Member
Corrine,

I do not moderate this particular thread, but would respectfully ask you to keep this thread on topic. Criticism of President Bush is better suited to the Politcal Forum. This thread is about the viablity if true Christians losing their salvation. Please keep to that topic here, or start a new thread.

Thanks
 

blackbird

Active Member
Corrine---I am "ditto"-ing C4K's post.

Please take rehashed references to President Bush to the Politics forum and allow this thread to proceed on track!

Bro. David(Blackbird)
Moderator
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
Oh I am sure. What I find frightening with you and a lot of calvinists is how they think they are so much better - luckier - than everybody else. God elected you, so everybody else is in the wrong and will fry in hell. Blimey, you are closer to the Catholics than I thought after all. They are so sure of themselves too.
--------------------------------------------------


I have already explained to you that I am in no way a calvinist. I am saved, and born again of the Spirit of God. I and all who are saved, and born again of the Spirit of God are ASSURED of their salvation and are written in the Lambs book of life.


love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
I am surprised that you all don't know who Adrian Rogers is. He has been President of the Southern Baptist Convention many times. He personally knew Ronald Regan and George Bush Sr.
-------------------------------------------------


I am not SBC. I find many things biblically wrong with the SBC. I am IFB, if you so like to label me.


love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

NaasPreacher (C4K)

Well-Known Member
Originally posted by C4K:
So if I "strive not to sin" and yet do sin, am I saved or not?

If a year ago I strove not to sin and did not sin was I saved then?

If so then I once was a Christian, but now I am not?

How many sins do you have to commit while striving not to sin for people like Michelle to be able to judge you as not being saved?

This is confusing theology.
I am glad that God will be my judge at the end of the day
.
Bumping this post since it must have got lost in the shuffle.

BTW - Michelle, do you sin yourself?
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------

Has it ever occurred to Michelle that the true chosen ones would be people who would never have to go through the pains of being without Christ for a good chunk of their life, who would have been born with Christ in their "genes" (so to speak) right from the start, that if God elected them he might have decided to put them on this earth with all his love and grace and gifts?

--------------------------------------------------


Corrine, you are claiming something that is unbiblical, and not true that a saved person can lose their salvation, just as the Roman Catholic church teaches. Then you accuse me of being something I am not, and have explained this to you. Do you understand what Calvinists believe? Are you even understanding what I believe? Once one is saved, they are the elect. They become the elect, and are presently part of the election. Does this say no one else can be part of the elect? No. It says once you are saved, you are part of the elect. I do not believe, nor have I said that some are predestined to everlasting life, or everlasting damnation. I have said THE OPPOSITE OF THIS. You can continue to believe that you can never be sure of your salvation in Christ until you pass from this life, however, this is NOT what the scriptures say. They say the OPPOSITE of this. YOu are sadly confusing the unsaved with the saved. Everyone has the potential of being saved. Everyone is offered God's gift. Some acknowledge the gift, while others sadly ignore it. This has nothing whatsoever to do with predestination. God already knew even before the creation of the heavens and the earth, who would be saved, and who would not. Yet, he still offers and entices all who will come, to come.


love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

cindig

New Member
Michelle,
Why would you say anyone wants to label you? I didn't even say I was Southern Baptist, and I didn't ask you what you were.
Corinne,
It looks as though you are back pedeling. By your posts it seems like you are beginning to change, maybe a little. In one post you say "hopefully when you wake up a christian you go to bed one". Then you say that you don't think a person can be saved over and over. Can't have it both ways.
<{{{><
 

michelle

New Member
---------------------------------------------------
No you are not reading right. To pledge your life to Christ every day does not mean that you plan on denying him the next day. It is only a faith reinforcement exercise. It helps you remain focuses, it confirms to you that the choice you made is the correct one for you, the best decision you could have taken in your life. It does not affect the strength of your faith, it is a mental exercise and a sure way of not forgetting to praise the Lord and pray.
--------------------------------------------------


This is unbiblical. It is Christ who is in us, that confirms to us, and gives us the strength of our faith, and who also increases our faith. It has nothing to do with a "mental excercise" and "faith reinforcement excercise" which sounds very new age to me and terms and ideas that are not at all indicated anywhere in the scriptures. You are attributing the power of the Holy Spirit in the believers life, to your own self. I would call this blasphemy. This is very unbiblical.


Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

NaasPreacher (C4K)

Well-Known Member
I don't think I am going to get an answer.

Why? Because if Michelle sins while she strives not to and Billy Graham sins while he strives not to they are both in the same boat. Neither can be judged by another person as to whether or not they are saved.
 

cindig

New Member
Luke 15:7
The Pharaisees thought they were righteous(becuase of the law) and they felt no need to repent.

It is not talking about a person that was saved then lost their salvation.

If you want to believe a truly saved person can be lost again, you would have to believe there is no hope for heaven, ever. There is not one place in the Bible where someone was saved more than once. That would then have to be the unpardonable sin, to be saved then loose it.
 

James_Newman

New Member
I think the real question is How Hard do you have to Strive against Sin? If you are striving against sin, and you sin anyway, how do you know if you were really striving against sin?

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

So unless your bleeding in the fight against sin, I don't think you can have any assurance of your striving.
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
There is a book out that I plan on getting, it's "George Bush's Faith". Maybe someone should tell the author it's a false book, Michelle says he's not saved.
--------------------------------------------------


Instead of focusing upon only what Bush says he believes, maybe you should focus upon his actions and apply scriptural truths to them. As I asked you before, do you know anything about Skull and Bones Society? Do you know anything about the Bohemian Grove and what takes place there? Do you apply scriptural truths to his actions and compare them to what he "says" he believes? Billy Graham is no better. Do you apply scriptural truths to this man's actions and his words? How could anyone who loves the Lord and his brothers and sisters in Christ, and the soul of others, EVER SEND THESE pour souls to the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH? How could he YOLK HIMSELF with unbelievers, and those who preach a false gospel and a false doctrine? This is an impossibility for a born again christian who is indwelt by the Holy Spirit of God. These two men are and have duped you.


love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

cindig

New Member
Charles Spurgeon wrote: "nor can I comprehend a gospel which lets saints fall away after they are called, and suffers the children of God to be burned in the fires of damnation after having once believed in Jesus. Such a gospel I abhor. If one dear saint of God had persihed, so might all; and then there is no gospel promise true, but the Bible is a lie, and there is nothing in it worth my acceptance....If I did not believe
the doctrine of the final perservance of the saints,I think I should be of all men the most miserable, because I should lack any ground of comfort".
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
BTW - Michelle, do you sin yourself?
--------------------------------------------------


C4K, I know that you are not stupid, and that you know very well what I believe on this. Why do you ask me a question, you already know my answer to and to which I have many times already said and acknowledged? Please, stop playing games, and get to your point.


love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 

Matt Black

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
But Michelle, you haven't answered the question. Do you or do you not sin? Yes or no

Yours in Christ

Matt
 

NaasPreacher (C4K)

Well-Known Member
You still have not replied. This is vital. If you don't believe that you sin you are decieved. If you do sin, then others are free to judge you with the same fervency your judge others.

Do you believe that you sin? If so, does your sin give others the right to judge your salvation?

Are you willing to judge everyone and try to pick who is saved and who is lost. What about me? You know an issue on which we differ strongly - am I saved?

You hold to a certain belief that I believe is totally unbiblical - does that give me the right to judge you as lost?
 

cindig

New Member
Michelle,
Now you are adding Billy Graham to your list of "not saved".

Amazing....Thousands are going to heaven because of Billy Graham. What is more amazing is the fact that you seem to say, without a doubt who is saved and who isn't. Sounds to me like you are playing God. When did you achieve perfection?
<{{{><
 

Dr. Bob

Administrator
Administrator
It's part of a set up, Michelle. You blatantly point out "sin" in another's (Bush/Granahm) "life" and conclude NOT SAVED.

So if YOU sin in YOUR "life", we get to join your fun and condemn you!!

Do you sin?
 

Bro Tony

New Member
But Michelle, you haven't answered the question. Do you or do you not sin? Yes or no
Apparently not because by her own statements concerning the eternal destiny of others, she has replace Jesus as the judge of men's souls. And she says Corrine blasphemes. Crazy, isnt it.

Bro Tony
 

michelle

New Member
--------------------------------------------------
I don't think I am going to get an answer.

Why? Because if Michelle sins while she strives not to and Billy Graham sins while he strives not to they are both in the same boat. Neither can be judged by another person as to whether or not they are saved.
--------------------------------------------------


Okay, so here we can see where your intentions of asking me a question, you ALREADY knew my answer to was, in order to slander me. Thanks. Why not say this to begin with, huh C4K? I find that you do this often, in order to paint a slanted picture. Do you think that this will help your argument or deter from the truth? Oh, I suppose for some this might work, as many today seem to be easily manipulated by such things, because of niavety, and not applying scriptural truths to all things and then sharing it and not compromising on it. I do not send forth others to Roman Catholic church, nor do I ever condone it as being christian. I warn others of it. I also am not friends, and buddy buddy with the pope or freemasons either. They are satanic covered in christian terms. I warn others also of these things. Billy Graham, should know better if he is truly saved. If he was truly saved, and born again of the Spirit of God, then he would not be able to do what he does, nor would he stand in silence about the truth against their false if he truly loved them, with those who are his friends, and who speak at his crusades, who in not any way shape, or form, would ever be allowed to utter one word at, if he was truly saved. I am truly saved. I would not condone ever such things as the Lord who is in me, and guides and teaches me would not allow this, as is true with all saved and born of the Spirit of God. WE are talking about spiritual deceptions, not personal sins. WE are talking about the fruits of a saved person, and not about personal sins, which you are now trying to twist it into. This is very typical of you to do, when you try your very best to avoid the OBVIOUS TRUTH.


love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
michelle
 
Top