• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Calvinistic trend in the SBC

dan e.

New Member
kmichael said:
[
Sure there are logical (true and valid) things outside of our comprehension, but that does not make them illogical. the trinity is perfectly logical, I may not understand it, but through Biblical anthropomorphisms I am able to understand the relationship each "Person" has to the other. To say that the trinity is true but not logical is to say that it is not valid.

Good points...I guess I'm talking about what is outside of our comprehension, and what may appear "illogical" to finite humans. The truth that God can be one, yet three, certainly doesn't fall into "logic".

I'm not liberal in my approach to Scripture, by any means. You don't have to worry (not saying you are)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dan e.

New Member
reformedbeliever said:
Are you sure you want someone who has had a little formal education in theology to explain to you what is wrong?

Oh the anticipation!! I'm getting nervous here.....I hope it isn't a lot!!!
 

dan e.

New Member
kmichael said:
[


This is a common tactic among liberals, if they cannot attack the truthfulness of the Bible, they attact its validity. A reduction in either one (in the minds of the public) can do great harm to the cause of Christ and the Word of God.

That said, we know that our God is greater that all the pesky morons strutting about scoffing and denegrating the name of our most Sovereign Savior and Lord.


"Man didn't invent logic, he only discovered it. God is the author of al logic." -N.G.

Acknowledging that something is beyond our human logic (although logic is created by God) is not attacking the truthfulness of the Bible in any way. Rather...it leads to acceptance of that truth by faith.

Pesky morons?
 

saturneptune

New Member
kmichael said:
I sure hope so. No offense sir, but I find it rather offensive for folks to denegrate the learned (not including myself in this category, though I am seeking a divinity degree at present.) simply because they are not "ready to give an account" themselves. Systematic theology is NOT doctrine. It is a method of classifying doctrine. That is logical and efficient. Adam named animals, we can name doctrine (for the purpose of making the teachings easier.) You think the word Christology is too big a word? Theology determines doctrine and doctrine determines what people think. We MUST get it right in the seminaries or our churches will suffer. We live in an age when we know more about the Bible than ever before. Why? Because it is in every home and nearly every language, and folks like Strong and others have torn apart Scripture and put it back together for us to understand. Plus the Internet makes it all the more easy. Now, the Holy Spirit's part is still the same. But now days we just have more questions and need to seeks His guidance more and more.
College degrees do not teach common sense.
 

dan e.

New Member
reformedbeliever said:
I appologize to you dan...... I was out of line.

Apology accepted, though not really needed. I didn't take offense, but appreciate your kindness.

Thanks for hashing things out with me....I too offer an apology if I came across in ways that offended you.
 
dan e. said:
Apology accepted, though not really needed. I didn't take offense, but appreciate your kindness.

Thanks for hashing things out with me....I too offer an apology if I came across in ways that offended you.

We as Christians would be waaaayyyyyyyy better off if we could hash things out in a Christ like manner. Love you brother.
 
Top