• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Canadian Health Care Imploding

OldRegular

Well-Known Member
It's good to hear from people who have used other health care systems like Canada's rather than those who spread innuendo and outright lies about Obama's proposal.

Why not go and try out the excellent health care system in Cuba. According to your soul mate Moore it is better than the USA.
 

rbell

Active Member
The World Health organization ranks the US 37th in the world in terms of the quality of our health care (for all not just the rich) barely ahead of Cuba and behind Costa Rica.

JustChristian, you were laughed at soundly the last time you posted this ridiculous non-fact.

If you think that Cuba beats us in healthcare, then you are need to be committed.
 

windcatcher

New Member
Bureaucratic decisions have been made for me constantly by my insurance company. What's so terrific about that? Evidence comes in from people who live elsewhere that their system is better. You choose to ignore it. The World Health organization ranks the US 37th in the world in terms of the quality of our health care (for all not just the rich) barely ahead of Cuba and behind Costa Rica. So what you say. They're a "communist organization." Millions of Americans don't have health insurance as discussed in the following article. Not important, right? They could probably buy it but chose not to. Whatever.....


July 22, 2009
About One in Six U.S. Adults Are Without Health Insurance
Highest uninsured rates among Hispanics, the young, and those with low incomes
by Frank Newport and Elizabeth Mendes
http://www.gallup.com/poll/121820/One-Six-Adults-Without-Health-Insurance.aspx

What can I say.....?

I have had health insurance coverage..... and I'm familar with having to get authorization for certain covered items. I hear that some companies are more of a pain than others...... but at least people aren't confined to one choice.... or one choice because changes in their circumstances or lack of like competition and the competition of the regualatory agency over them has placed their options out of business.

I'm poor, without insurance, yet, I tell you, I have medical care. No.....I'm not on welfare or food stamps nor do I go to the emergency room for care. I visit a regular office, pay for my blood draws, and get referred to specialists who give me quality exams and advice consistant with those of comparable conditions.

My parents are living; their only income or money is social security and retirement.... in their 80's..... they don't get denial for their medical needs.

The young are often employed in part time jobs which don't have employer sponsored health insurance.... or they opt out of insurance to preserve what little income they have as they are establishing themselves...... And, unless the young get involved in an accident with injury..... chances are that for most of them...... the temporary passage of time without health insurance is not a bad gamble. Illegal aliens don't have the rights of citizens..... although so much is done to pay and protect their rights as though they were equal.

I realize not all states are created equal..... sorry to be you living in such deprived conditions. May be you need to move?
 
Top