1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Catholics please share how you feel….

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by canadyjd, Dec 24, 2023.

?
  1. Yes, I follow the teaching of the Pope. He is the Victor of Christ and cannot error

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it is clearly against the teaching of God’s word

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  3. I’m not sure

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cathode

Cathode Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

What Paul was teaching the Bereans was pure Apostolic Oral Tradition.

If the Bereans were “Scripture alone” like you, they would have rejected Paul from the start, but they were nobler than that.

The Spoken Word of God is of the same force as the Written Word of God.

2. Silverhair

Silverhair Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You remind me of those that are caught in a cult, you refuse to see the rot that is the RCC. Your popes and institution over the years have supported the extermination of the Jews during the second world war, your church has supported and hidden pedophile priests and continued to allow them access to children, your current pope supports open homosexual relationships and the list could go on. And you think the RCC is the church of God. It is rotten to the core and you refuse to see it.

I feel sorry for you and anyone else that supports that institution. I believe that some people that are in the RCC actually do believe in the risen Christ for their salvation but that number is very low. You have made the choice to support the RCC over the word of God. You think that the sacraments of the RCC and the blessing of some man will save you, you are wrong.

You are only saved by the grace of God through faith in His risen son.

May God have mercy on your soul

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    You keep going back to the same line but you never provide any biblical support for your claims. You have taken the indoctrination very well, you just spout the company line without thinking. Open your eyes and look at the truth right in front of you. Study the bible for yourself.

The sad part is that your actually think the RCC is telling you the truth.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are not the arbiter of scriptures interpretation, nor are you the judge of anyone’s soul.
    Your backside does not belong on God’s Judgement Throne.

5. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that I am not the arbiter of scriptures interpretation but then again the RCC is not either. They just think they are and you follow right along with what they tell you to believe. You can obviously read and understand English so why are you afraid to open the bible and read it. It is not a mystery or something that you need a decoder ring to understand although the RCC treats it that way.

The RCC has locked people out of Gods word and convinced them that they need special Gnostic ability, that only the RCC has, to understand God's word.

The word of God has a message for you
    Psa 119:15 I will meditate on Your precepts, And contemplate Your ways.
    Psa 119:16 I will delight myself in Your statutes; I will not forget Your word.

Psa 119:81 My soul faints for Your salvation, But I hope in Your word.
    Psa 119:82 My eyes fail from searching Your word, Saying, "When will You comfort me?"

Do you not trust the Holy Spirit inspired words of God? We are to search His word, we are to meditate on His word. You do not need some man {your priest} to tell you what the scriptures say.

Look at what Paul said:
    Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy; meditate on these things.
    Php 4:9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

You keep saying Apostolic tradition which would be what they said but we do not see any of your traditions in scripture. If any of these were in fact true do you not think that at least one of the Apostles would have mentioned them? Just look at the last three: 1854 Immaculate conception of mary, 1870 Papal infallibility, 1950 Assumption of mary

451 Baptism regenerates
    500 Sacrifice of the Mass
    1190 Indulgences
    1215 Transubstantiation
    1438 Purgatory
    1545 Tradition equal to Bible
    1854 Immaculate conception of mary
    1870 Papal infallibility
    1950 Assumption of mary

It took your RCC to come up with these and then to convince the people that they did not have the ability to understand the deeper things of scripture so leave it to the priests and pope to tell you.

Just look at the last three: 1854 Immaculate conception of mary, 1870 Papal infallibility, 1950 Assumption of mary. If any of these were true is it logical to say that it was not mentioned in scripture. You have let the RCC feed you a line of false teachings and convince you that you are incapable of understanding scripture.

Cathode if I did not care about your eternal soul I would not be pointing out the errors of the RCC. Trust the word of God as inspired by the Holy Spirit. You are quite capable of understanding it

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bereans ran Paul out of town, after they searched the scriptures to see if what he said was true.

I will ask the question again. Is it true that, according to Catholic teaching, if a priest blesses someone it saying that God is blessing that person? Yes or no?

Please obey our Lord Jesus Christ who stated let your yes be yes and your No be No. If you cannot answer directly, it demonstrates you know the answer and simply can’t face the truth.

peace to you

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes.

8. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We believed it long before then.

“Mary, a Virgin not only undefiled but a Virgin whom grace has made inviolate, free of every stain of sin.” Ambrose, Sermon 22:30 (A.D. 388).

“We must except the Holy Virgin Mary, concerning whom I wish to raise no question when it touches the subject of sins, out of honour to the Lord; for from Him we know what abundance of grace for overcoming sin in every particular was conferred upon her who had the merit to conceive and bear Him who undoubtedly had no sin.” Augustine, Nature and Grace,4 2[36] (A.D.415).

“As he formed her without my stain of her own, so He proceeded from her contracting no stain.” Proclus of Constantinople, Homily 1 (ante A.D. 446).

Mary had no sin, she was and is Immaculate.

9. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Only an Infallibly guided Authority can point out errors in interpretations of Scripture.
    Baptist’s and other Bible aloners reject the idea Infallibility, but each grant themselves Infallibility in their conflicting interpretations of Scripture.

I do trust the word of God as inspired by The Holy Spirit, but also as interpreted by The Holy Spirit in Apostolic Tradition, not my private interpretation.

10. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The things they “heard”, not just what they read. Primarily the Apostles preached the Spoken Word of God. The Spoken Word of God abides forever in Apostolic Tradition, it explains the Written Word of God.

You don’t do the things that they “ heard “, Bible aloners try to recreate the Christian religion from the scripture alone, and without the Oral Tradition handed down from the Apostles. That is why they scatter interpretation and doctrines, they have no singular coherent interpretation of Scripture or doctrines.

Catholics are Bible Originalists, pre Bible Christianity which authenticated and determined and declared the Canon of Scripture in the first place.
    It also has a consistent, coherent and singular interpretation of Scripture handed down from the Apostles in Apostolic Tradition.

By contrast Bible alone Protestantism has tens of thousands of traditions of men, and they had nothing to do with determining the Canon of Scripture.

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of what was to be known then according to what they had read! To have heard and saw directly from the Apostle.

12. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you have just proven that your RCC is trusting man's word over the word of God. Do you now want us to elevate these men to the level of the Holy Spirit?

13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please don't attempt to tell us why we do anything . You cannot know that. It is an accusation that lacks charity at best and a false witness at worst. Further, Catholics do not have a singular interpretation. There are many variations among Catholics. It lacks integrity to say otherwise.

#213 Revmitchell, Jan 19, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
  14. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, and those who succeeded the Apostles preached the same thing as the Apostles. Even without writings people heard the Gospel and the Apostolic interpretation and came to Christ.

Most of the Christian Faith was spread by Apostolic Tradition because most people were illiterate till recently.

In 1450 less than 1 in 5 people could read in Europe that’s less than 20%, and going back to the Roman times far far less.

In 1820 only 12% of the world population could read. And of those few were well educated.

It’s only in the last 70 years that literacy has grown from less than 45% to 86%.

Very few in Apostolic times could read.

The preaching of the Apostles was handed down Father to Son, not just the writings.

That’s why Paul said to hold to the Traditions ( plural ) , whether by word of mouth or by letter.

Scripture aloners stand in defiance of this scripture, they have no tradition that goes back to the Apostles, all their traditions go back to Luther, a tradition of men.

15. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    These men are Apostolic successors, Bishops of the Church, they were in direct lineage of ordination back to the Apostles, and only preached what The Holy Spirit preached through the Apostles.

16. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well do you follow Apostolic Oral Tradition, or only what is written alone?
    I thought most people on the thread were Bible alone, my apologies.

If someone doesn’t follow Apostolic Tradition, he isn’t Catholic, it’s central. It always has been, look it up if you don’t believe me.

17. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    Speaking for myself I did not develop my beliefs from what some man told me to believe. I actually read the word of God for myself. You, it seems, are not capable of doing that. You need someone to say this is doctrine and then you believe all the silly things they tell you.

So yes I am scripture alone as I trust what the author, the Holy Spirit, has inspired. Which is much better than what you do in trusting your pope to tell you what to believe. The fact that you will continue in trying justify the many false doctrines the RCC has brought into your theology is telling in itself.

It seems you have given up critical thinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Silverhair

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a false doctrine that the RCC has foisted on you. We can see just in the manuscripts that we have from these "Bishops of the Church" that they did not all agree and some even brought heretical ideas into the church.

What you should be trusting is the inspired word of God, which you seem to have a hard time doing. Did you ever play the telephone game as a child, if you did then you know how unreliable the spoke word can be. That is why us scripture alone Christians trust the written word. We have solid evidence from the RCC that they are willing to alter the word of God for their perceived benefit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for answering directly.

This is why so many Catholics are refusing to accept this Popes instructions that priests can bless same s:x couples. The assertion that God approves same s:x relationships by blessing them is an argument made by the ltgbic+++ community .

It is a step toward official Catholic recognition of same s:x marriage.

Again, thank you for answering directly.

Another question

Do you believe God approves of same s:x relationships?

peace to you

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Cathode

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The blessing is for the individuals even if they are 2 or 200. Same when pets are blessed at Saint Francis feast day, they may be presented in the hundreds, but it’s an individual blessing.

As far as I have seen, the document does the opposite, it puts a prohibition on recognition of same sex marriage.

Yes.

Same sex sexual relationships?

No.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.