1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #63

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Nov 27, 2004.

1. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

That picture is so cute Barnabas! Really sweet. [​IMG]

My dryer has to be run 1 1/2 times for the clothes to dry. We took it apart and vacuumed out the whole lint catching area and then did the long vent to the outside and thought we'd solved the problem but ... nope...

I've got laundry going with 2 more loads to do. When Jim comes home on Friday night, I'll have to rush and do his laundry for work on Monday. He has to wear shirts with the company logo on them and they have to be ironed.

We got called about babysitting for a Sunday School classes Christmas party at church. It's a large class so I don't know how many children we'll have. We'll keep them up at church tho. It's Dec. 11th at night. It'll be a number of families so I've just told the class to pay us a flat fee and we're letting them decide what to pay.

It is REALLY hard having kids from 5:30 a.m. until as late as 8:00 p.m. all week. We never have any time for our family. Sunday is spent at church and Jim will work on Sat. if he can find some work. This Saturday I'm keeping the 20 month old from about 9:00 til 1:00 and Jim's doing some recording for the Gospel Keyboard Hour at 11:30 in the next town. Thankful for whatever we can find tho,......

2. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gospel Keyboard Hour - is that a radio program? sounds like fun.

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Barnabas: Sorry, I knew it was Lenke ; but with all these meds I'm taking right now, I'm surprised I can type at all! The brain isn't functioning too well. :confused:

(Uh oh, I left myself wide open for when Dr.B. comes in later!) :eek:

I am praying for NO surgery and NO more pain for Lenke ! [​IMG]

Shawna: Will be praying for Susie that she, doesn't have all the extra problems you did. Let me know how she does.

If you're going to Wally World, give me a call. I need a couple of things and doctor still won't let me go into any stores. :(

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Way too easy, Sue, way too easy.

And boy, I wish the doctor would tell MY wife not to go into any stores . . :rolleyes:

5. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Debby, I think the link is in an earlier post. You can listen online. Chuck Mandt has guests and they give testimony and play songs together. Some is jazz but hymns!

I mentioned earlier but wanted to make sure everyone knows, my computer started screaming last night about 10:45 so I shut it down very quickly. We had saved my address book and favorites to floppies but didn't have enough for my stationary and midi files, pictures and word documents. Jim's bringing home a new hard drive and will put it in tomorrow night. Until then, I have to come downstairs to his office to use his computer he uses for mastering CD's. I'm so used to sitting in the t.v. room and keeping the BB up all the time! Seems weird! But.... nothing wrong other than the usual junk :rolleyes: but I won't be posting as often until the computer is repaired and files are transfered.

Diane

6. I Am Blessed 24

Evening all;

Bobby stopped by for supper and I think I talked too much. It brought on more coughing fits so I am taking my meds and going to bed (hopefully to sleep).

Diane: It was good hearing your voice for a few minutes today. We haven't 'phone-talked' for quite awhile. Sorry for the coughing and rough voice! :(

Pleasant dreams all!

§ue [​IMG]

7. Gib

Gib Active Member

Uh-oh! You know what happens when 2 women talk to each other. Somebody gets voted off the island. :eek:

8. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Yep, its Thursday night!!

Howdy yall from nice chilly (44 degrees) Mississippi. DH had to hospital visit today, so he dropped the girls and me off at the mall for some shopping. We had a great time - the girls were so sweet looking for their Daddy a present. The got him a pizza cutter and a Hank Williams Jr Christmas ornament. (WE hate Hank, Daddy TERRORIZES us with it!) Then we went to visit the girls' Sunday School teacher who had recently had surgery and she asked for us to bring the girls to see her.
    Came home and cooked up some yummy shrimp scampi. The girls are still up, making a craft and decorating the living room walls. Best wallpaper I have ever seen. We are also enjoying our first fire of the season.
    Glad Sue is feeling better, and glad Diane has a "gig". That oughtta be a nice payment. (hopefully)
    Yall have a great night!

9. I Am Blessed 24

Good morning all:

Believe it or not, I had a pretty good night's sleep. Thank you Lord!

Still coughing pretty bad this morning, may have to go back to the doctor's today for an x-ray and a shot like he suggested. If he hears what my voice sounds like, I'm sure he'll make another visit mandatory...

I sure hope Brent doesn't 'catch' anything from me. I have been feeding him extra Vitamin C since the weather turned cold and nasty.

This is NOT a good time to be sick (IS there a GOOD time?) :confused: There are so many things I need to get done and some of them are getting done thanks to Brent and his servant's heart (bless him Lord), but he can't drive to the post office and mail boxes or go grocery shopping or Christmas shopping...

I also need to be able to get back to my 'corner' Monday. I had to pay a sub for all this week, so my paycheck will be cut in half - just what I need right now! We will be fine without it though.

Oh well, I'm not whining. I am grateful that I am able to function as well as I have been with this disease. And Christmas will come and go whether there are presents or not (and there will be 'cause I started months ago!).

Off to take meds,
    §ue

10. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Morning All!

Glad to hear you slept well Sue. If your voice sounds worse than yesterday, I'm sure he'll have you come in. That's one bad cough. Sure hope you feel better soon.

Gib, we weren't talking Baptist Board. Sue knew my computer is messed up and just called to chat for a few minutes.

Tater, the lady who set up the babysitting job for the class contacted me this morning. She said once they get a head count they'll decide on a flat fee but not to expect less than $3. per hour PER CHILD. They already have 3 registered. It sure would be nice if I could get $50. for the night. I'm using this extra money to buy something for Nick for Christmas.

Dr. Bob, I've never enjoyed shopping which is a blessing since I can't afford to do it anymore! LOL

I don't have any children until after school today so Nick and I are going to go through his toys to find things we can donate to needy (LOLOL) needier I should say, for Christmas. Last year he found some things that were brand new. He doesn't like loud toys and one big Matchbox race track that 'ate' the cars was put away on Christmas day. Shark Park???

May the Lord greatly bless you all today! Remember, I won't be online much until Hubby can install a new hard drive.

Proverbs 2:7-8 "He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk in integrity, guarding the paths of justice, and He preserves the way of His godly ones."

Diane

11. I Am Blessed 24

Time for home school, so I will be off of here for awhile...maybe all day. I have a lot of things I want to get done and I will have to do them S L O W L Y so as not to bring on another coughing fit or hard-to-breathe episode.

HAGD all!

§ue (I'll be baaaaaaaack!)

12. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Good morning everyone.

Yesterday was a busy day and today looks like it will be even busier.

At least it is nice and bright outside.

You all have a good day!

13. Gib

Gib Active Member

I don't know about bright. I am moving to a progressive lens and they mailed my frames off. It generally takes about 2 weeks or so, says the optometrist. All I have to wear are my prescription sunglasses. Everything at night just gets darker and working inside is dull.

Not to busy here today, but Monday will come down like the thunder.

14. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Howdy yall. We are having a nice moring here. DH has gone to New orleans to the seminary. Sarah (2) is serenading me and coloring a picture of a bird, for her bird. Hannah (3) is practicing writing her letters. She is doing ABCDEF. She can do random others, like M, T, K, O. She can sound out some 2 and 3 letter words as well as MAMA, DADDY, HANNIE (grandma's name) HANNAH, SARAH, and the two babysitters names. yes, I have no shame - I AM bragging!! [​IMG] I am really proud of her. She is so smart, like her Daddy. We were all talking about God yesterday in the car, and she asked him if Jesus is God. It floored us. He got all
    "verklempt". [​IMG]
    Also, yesterday, Sarah had an imaginary popsicle (rainbow flavored) and Hannah leaned over and took a lick. Boy, that made Sarah furious and she yelled, "You mean hag!!!". I was trying to stifle my laughter, but to no avail. So the sibling rivalry is in full swing.
    (They heard that on Snow White, in case you are wondering)

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Tater, that is so funny! I can just see them. LOLOL

Just checking in during a lunch break. Hubby will be home tonight and won't go away again for a full week. We miss him so when he's gone but we talk more while he's away! He actually listens to me. LOLOL

Diane

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy from sunny and WINDY Wyoming. Wind will blow/melt off the snow but still quite cold. Has not gotten above freezing since T'giving and that is way unusual for us. Evidently the ski resort owners are praying hard!

30 mph sustained wind and up to 50 in gusts. I don't even preach that fast!

God bless all this day. I am busier than I want to be and have to use my cane when out in slush and ice. Better safe than sorry even if it does make me feel older than a codger . .

17. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Well Hey Dr. Bob! Wow! With it that cold and the wind chill, I think I'd stay in by the fireplace!

Jim will be home tonight to repair my computer. I turned it on this afternoon and it's very quiet. Hmmm... PLUS, get this, we can now get DSL out here. It's $32.95 for most people less $10.00 per month if you have the full service (long distance, Caller I.D., etc.) so that's down to $22.95. The first 6 months you get a $15.00 a month reduced fee so that's $7.95. They send you $50. cash back for ordering it online and I can cancel my second phone line which costs $28.99 per month! I'm not too sure they have any accountants working at Bellsouth! They're paying me to have DSL!

Only have the two sisters today. The 9 year old must be watched very closely. I'm watching the 20 month old tomorrow from about 8 - 1. Hey, we need the money!

Diane

18. I Am Blessed 24

Well, it's 12:34 a.m. here and WAY past my bedtime! I can't stop coughing long enough to settle down. I guess I should have kept my doctor's appointment today. :rolleyes:

At this rate, I might as well wait up for the papers to get here, roll and band them and get them delivered early enough to come home and try to get some sleep then! :eek:

I think hubby is going to help me this morning. He isn't working today and Brent has his VERY FIRST EVER basketball game at 8:00 a.m. He would be worn out before he ever stepped foot on the court if he did papers (especially with his Asthma).

I am still not allowed to get out of the car when I deliver (not until meds are finished), so whoever goes with me has to walk all the papers by themselves. I've done it a few times and it is NOT fun! :(

Where are the night owls?

Diane is probably getting her puter fixed.

Dr.B; where are YOU? I hope you're sleeping peacefully and not in any pain (wish I was).

Will check in sometime today - have no idea when...

Pleasant dreams all!
    §ue

19. I Am Blessed 24

It's 6:28, papers are done and I STILL haven't closed my eyes. I think the meds are making me hyper!

Brent is up and we are eating cinnamon oatmeal and toast for breakfast. He will be leaving around 7:30 for his basketball game - then I'm hitting the recliner!!!

20. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Rob and I just had some delicious parsnip and apple soup which he made. Now we are off to our favourite Christian Book Shop/Coffee shop via the garden centre. It is a very damp and grey day here so I expect we will treat ourselves to a mug of hot chocolate while we are out. [​IMG]

Sheila