Well, it looks as if only 3 people had the courage to post real answers, so I will not wait any longer for additional responses. (Although I must say that the lack of response is indicative of most of the Baptist Board, unfortunately.)
"What is "love?"
"Love" is a word. That's all. The word is not the emotion. The word is not the feeling. The word is not the act. The word is not the state. The word is just a word. Just as "the map is not the territory."
"Love" is a semantic symbol which may, or may not, mean the same thing to some people (but in this case we can see there is little agreement on the meaning of the word "love").
Now to the point. People read into the question what they are expecting to read. I did not ask "What does the word "love" mean?" I asked, simply, "What is 'love'?" All 3 of the serious responders made a mental assumption that I was asking something which I was not, in fact, asking. And even when they answered what they thought I was asking, they did not agree on the "intrinsic meaning" of the word "love."
This case in point illustrates what I was trying to show you earlier. Our perceptions are flawed (the readers read what they thought the question was rather than what the question really was) and the mental processing of that flawed perception is equally flawed. Precision in both perception and processing is something which must be practiced in order for us to become effective communicators.
Now apply all of that to the bible translation question and you will see, hopefully, that understanding what a translator puts on paper is a much more difficult task than most of us incorrectly assume. We often lack enough information to make a logical conclusion, but jump to one anyway. And we, as a people, have become so insular and proud, thinking we already know it all, that we no longer bother to investigate the grammar and syntax used by the translators, but assume they have exactly the same background and experience we do, and thus the semantic content of the words they chose are exactly the same as we understand them to be.
In other words, we not only don't know the answer, we don't even understand the question!