Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
I'll stick with Ps 78:36 in the Nasv that tells the reader that they sucessfully "deceived" the LORD, instead of how the KJB shows emphatically that they only flattered Him, seems the KJB translators were onto something the mv advo's just can't seem to grasp: flattery means to deceive, but deceived shows the deception successful in it's action, that is false doctrine being taught in the Nasv, PERIOD!Originally posted by Phillip:
So, POR, question for you:
Name one single "doctrine" that is not shown in the (pick one), I'll use the NASB......?
Show verse and passage. It has to be a doctrine that will not be found anywhere in the NASB. and I DO mean a doctrine, not a few changed words in a verse.
Thanks
I see a hole in your argument here. You cannot use the Geneva Bible. There were no accurate translations until 1611---then it kept changing to get more accurate.Originally posted by AVL1984:
You accuse me of double speak? I don't think so, Ralph. You talk about taking verses out of context, and then you do the same thing. Even the Geneva Bible tell us that it is talking about the righteous man. Now, show me where I have been guilty of doublespeak. It is clear to many here that you have twisted theology. It's been pointed out time and time again. I think you really should buy a hermeneutics book.
No, just rightly divide the Word, friend, hermanuetics will fall by the wayside, and the common taters will eventually be turned into french fries.Originally posted by Phillip:
Besides what Ziggy just pointed out, POR--look what you are doing:
First you explain Hermanuetics as man's device, etc. Then you turn around and tell us to study the Rabbinic teachings.
Isn't that just a little contradictory?
Please, show how they "alter doctrine" Ralph...we'd be interested in knowing how you twist this one.Originally posted by Plain ol' Ralph:
Hermanuetics: man's device to make the Scripture fit his lifestyle.
Hermanuetics don't distinguish doctrine, they alter it, again, man's device to make the Scripture fit his lifestyle.
..and in those days, men did that which was right in their own eyes."![]()
![]()
![]()