Who are Bible scholars?Originally posted by Dr. Bob:
99% of Bible scholars agree that Ps 12 does NOT teach preservation of the Word of God. But all agree that other verses DO teach it and that God HAS preserved His Word.
Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
Who are Bible scholars?Originally posted by Dr. Bob:
99% of Bible scholars agree that Ps 12 does NOT teach preservation of the Word of God. But all agree that other verses DO teach it and that God HAS preserved His Word.
Who are Bible scholars? </font>[/QUOTE]You ought to know. They are the same ones you have made reference to many times.Originally posted by Askjo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dr. Bob:
99% of Bible scholars agree that Ps 12 does NOT teach preservation of the Word of God. But all agree that other verses DO teach it and that God HAS preserved His Word.
Who are Bible scholars? </font>[/QUOTE]You ought to know. They are the same ones you have made reference to many times. </font>[/QUOTE]Naturalistic scholars?Originally posted by gb93433:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Askjo:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Dr. Bob:
99% of Bible scholars agree that Ps 12 does NOT teach preservation of the Word of God. But all agree that other verses DO teach it and that God HAS preserved His Word.
So, you use the 1611 version, I take it? I know what they wrote in 1611 too, they wrote the apocrypha.Originally posted by Plain ol' Ralph:
So 400 years later you know what they thought? I only know what they wrote, and you have this esp to be able to read the minds of people deceased for 350 years?![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
So, you use the 1611 version, I take it? I know what they wrote in 1611 too, they wrote the apocrypha.Originally posted by Phillip:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Plain ol' Ralph:
So 400 years later you know what they thought? I only know what they wrote, and you have this esp to be able to read the minds of people deceased for 350 years?![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
Try looking at the Hebrew and quit qith your rant, it's there, the KJB translators knew it was, why can't you see it? Blind? Willingly, blind?Originally posted by robycop3:
POR:Roby, I see you never learned how to follow the flow of the subject matter in any form of literature, but also you don't know very much about Hebrew either
Ralphie, ol' bean, I got some shocking news for ya: there aint no specific Hebrew there for EITHER "them". So yer whole post is chicken teeth.
You are absolutely right. When I first became a Christian I started attending a fundamentalist Bible church. I always thought they were conservative and took God at His word. Then when I moved I went to a church that had a little different view on some things that challenged what I thought I believed. Did I ever get an eye-opener. Both churches were winning people to Christ. They loved people and both churches were doing their best to serve God.Originally posted by manchester:
We should first get the correct scriptures, then decide the doctrine. We should not decide what doctrines we want to believe, then find a translation that will support our views.
Hypothetically, if new translations show correct doctrine, and the KJV shows false doctrine, then we should reject the KJV. The truth and the Word of God should be the standard, not adherence to the traditions of men.