1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Does God have a Mother II

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Eliyahu, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

2. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Eliyahu said:

Because you deny the sentence in Heb 7:3 which mentions clearly Melchisedec is like Son of God in the aspect of having No Mother and No Genealogy. The sentence is focussed on Melchisedec, but if the writer didn't believe that Son of God has no Mother, no Genealogy,

Wrong again Eliyahu.

The Son of God, Jesus of Nazareth, has a mother. "And his father and his mother marveled at what was said about him. And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother" (Luke 2:33-34).

The Son of God, Jesus of Nazareth, has a genealogy. "The book of the genealogy of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham" (Matt. 1:1).

To believe Eliyahu is to disbelieve the plain claims of Scripture, and therefore to disbelieve God.

Are you saying that Jesus didn't exist before Mary? Listen to what Jesus say: John 8:56-59

Wrong again Eliyahu.

The Man Jesus of Nazareth did not exist before being conceived and born of Mary. The eternal Son of God became incarnate as the man Jesus, through his mother Mary, but before then, he was not a man.

To believe Eliyahu is to disbelieve the plain claims of Scripture, and therefore to disbelieve God.

Do you know the difference between Handmaid of God and Mother of God?

A handmaiden is a servant. Are you so dense as to think Mary couldn't be both a servant and a mother?

You are creating a new title which is not mentioned in the bible but sounds very important.

Wrong again Eliyahu.

I am creating nothing. I am simply referring to a theological label that has been used for a millennium and a half of Church history, and which properly understood describes an orthodox understanding of the person of Christ.

But you are denying that God the Father is God, because Mother of God is not Mother of God the Father since God the Father is also God.

Wrong again Eliyahu.

God the Father is not God the Son.

God the Son became man.
    God the Father did not become man.

God the Son was born of Mary. She is his mother.
    God the Father was not born of Mary. She is not his mother.

This is what the Bible teaches. To believe Eliyahu is to disbelieve the plain claims of Scripture, and therefore to disbelieve God.

You are separating God into 3 Gods, are you believing 3 Gods?

Wrong again Eliyahu.

I am neither separating God into three Gods, nor do I believe in three gods. This has been explained to you over and over again. You are either unable, or deliberately unwilling, to acknowledge this and accept correction.

Obstinacy on your part does not constitute heresy on mine.

You and the people who are calling Mother of God is denying God the Father is God.

Wrong again Eliyahu.

Let me know when you've saved up enough to buy a clue, or at least a decent systematic theology and a good textbook on church history. Until then, au revoir.

3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You and Roman Catholic are trying to place Mary on top of God the Almighty.

5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. What is the relationship between Mary and God the Father?

2. Is Mary a member of Church ?
    The church is subject unto Christ.
    Read Ephesian 1:22, 5:24 .

Then answer whether Mary is a member of the Church or not

6. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Eliyahu said:

You and Roman Catholic are trying to place Mary on top of God the Almighty.

Wrong again Eliyahu.

Being obstinate doesn't make you right.

7. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Eliyahu said:

1. What is the relationship between Mary and God the Father?

We are concerned with the relationship between Mary and God the Son, not Mary and God the Father. Changing the subject won't make you right.

2. Is Mary a member of Church ?

She was a believer in Christ as Messiah, so yes, she is a member of the Church.

What's your point?

The church is subject unto Christ.

Yes it is. What's your point?

Read Ephesian 1:22, 5:24 .

"And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church" (Eph. 1:22).

"Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit in everything to their husbands" (Eph. 5:24).

What's your point?

Then answer whether Mary is a member of the Church or not

Already did. If you have a point, make it, and stop talking in these foolish riddles.

8. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

9. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Eliyahu said:

Because you are using the title God which is also used for God the Father.

Yes it is. So what?

Is she not a servant of God the Father?

Yes she is. So what?

Then is she a member of the bride for Jesus. Read Ephesian 5:25,27,32, Revelation 21:2. 21:9-12

Yes she is. So what?

Is Mary among the members of Jerusalem coming down from heaven?

Yes she is. So what?

Namely, is Mother of God a member of Bride for Husband Jesus?

Yes she is. So what?

Mother becomes Wife?"

"Wife" is a figure of speech. The church is not a literal bride, whereas Mary was Jesus Christ's literal mother.

So yes, figuratively speaking, Mary is part of God the Son's "wife."

I hope you didn't set me up just to prove that you can't tell the difference between literal speech and a metaphor, because you wasted your effort.

Mother of God is under Son of God, right?

Yes she is. So what?

Mother of God with such respectful title, should obey Jesus, right? and then Mother of God is Wife for the same God, isn't this contradictory?

I see you have no better idea what "contradictory" means than "syllogism."

How is Mother of God exalted in Revelation?

She isn't. So what?

The Throne for God and for Lamb of God is mentioned in Revelation 22, but where is Mother of God?

Not even important. Who cares?

Mt 12:48, "Who is my mother?"
    49" Behold my Mother!" Who was Jesus pointng out?

Ah, so you think Jesus did have a mother, it's just that everybody got to be his mother but Mary. :rolleyes:

Was He calling her as Mother of God?

No. So what?

10. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. When a sentence mentions genitive pronoun, i.e. His, it should be traced back to the previous sentence first.

Now when you say, His Father and His Mother in Luke 2:33.

You are wrong:
    1) You have a false scripture calling Joseph as His father. Read KJV, which states, Joseph and HIs mother. Absolute majority plus Alexandrian text state " Joseph" Only 2 Vatican text and aleph states His Father. In other words, absolute majority of texts denies Joseph is His father.

2) Luke 2:21, 27 mention, child Jesus. Therefore
    the exact interpretation for His Mother should be this : Mother of child Jesus, or Jesus' Mother. Not the Mother of Son of God. We are talking about the exact wording and therefore that is the issue now. I already mentioned many times there is no problem with Mother of Jesus or Jesus Mother. This proves but doesn't support Mother of God at all! If you want to prove it, you have to find Son of God in the previous sentence.

2. None of the believers in Christ in the Bible calls Mary as Mother of God.

3. Individually and collectively the church members are Bride for Jesus as you can see Mt 25:1-12. Therefore Mary is one of the brides for Jesus. Will Mary say to the Husband I am Mother of God? It is just a comedy!
    Individually Mother becomes a bride for Her Son?
    That's strawmen's theology based on Syllogism!

4. Revelation is very important portraying the future. Nobody calls Mother of God or pay respect to Mother of God as Roman Catholic does on this world today. Maybe they are all going to the Lake of Fire! That's why nobody pay respects to Mother of God there!

Isn't it strange that so-called Co-Redeemer is not mentioned at all in the future?

Holy Spirit commends you to come out of Goddess worship theology!

11. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Eliyahu said:

1) You have a false scripture calling Joseph as His father. Read KJV, which states, Joseph and HIs mother.

So what?

We aren't talking about Joseph. Everyone is agreed that Joseph wasn't Jesus' father except insofar as he was married to Jesus' mother.

Of course, the KJV, like all Bibles, correctly states that Mary is the mother of Jesus.

2) Luke 2:21, 27 mention, child Jesus. Therefore the exact interpretation for His Mother should be this : Mother of child Jesus, or Jesus' Mother. Not the Mother of Son of God.

This is getting idiotic.

Is Jesus of Nazareth the Son of God? Yes or no?

2. None of the believers in Christ in the Bible calls Mary as Mother of God.

So what?

3. Individually and collectively the church members are Bride for Jesus as you can see Mt 25:1-12. Therefore Mary is one of the brides for Jesus.

Yes, she is. So what?

Will Mary say to the Husband I am Mother of God?

He already knows.

It is just a comedy!

Heresy is no laughing matter, and your heresy, which concerns the person of Christ - and therefore the work of Christ - will damn your soul, Eliyahu.

Individually Mother becomes a bride for Her Son?
    That's strawmen's theology based on Syllogism!

It is not a straw man, nor a syllogism, nor a salad, nor a submarine.

4. Revelation is very important portraying the future. Nobody calls Mother of God or pay respect to Mother of God as Roman Catholic does on this world today.

That, for the record, is a straw man argument.

Mary is not in the book of Revelation. No one calls her anything.

Maybe they are all going to the Lake of Fire! That's why nobody pay respects to Mother of God there!

:rolleyes:

Isn't it strange that so-called Co-Redeemer is not mentioned at all in the future?

No.

Holy Spirit commends you to come out of Goddess worship theology!

I don't worship any "goddess."

God commands you to stop lying about a brother in Christ, if indeed you do know him.

He commands that you repent of believing in your false Jesus, and draw near to the true Son of God, wholly God and wholly Man, born of the woman Mary.

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Ransom,I admire your stamina for hanging in here with this. [​IMG]

Eliyahu - You are so stuck on the title of "Mother of God" that you are ignoring the biblical basis for it. Forget it as a title and think of it as a description, which is what has been discussed here.

Jesus had to become man - he did not just appear as man. He was born a man and was a physical descendant of David, as the bible states. He came into the human race and was part of the human race by being born of Mary as his mother. It's pretty basic.

13. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marcia, There is no single phrase stating Mother of God in the Bible, It is heretic! Anathema!

Mother of Jesus is enough for stating Descendant of David and Abraham . Look at Mt 1:1, how does it state? Son of David the Son of God?, No, son of Abraham, son of David Jesus! ( not Son of God)
    This means that human genealogy is just for Jesus not for Son of God!
    No single word for Mother of God is shown in Revelation. Do you know why? All or most of the people who are calling Mary Mother of God are going to the Lake of Fire and that's why Bible is quiet about it. They are the worshippers of

Mother of Harlots! (Revelation 17)

14. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

15. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

I think we have seen Eliyahu's true colours come out in his last few posts.

He is not interested in the truth; rather, he is unteachable and incorrigible.

Furthermore, Eliyahu is a false accuser of Christian brethren. In these selfsame posts he has accused me of tritheism, "Goddess worship," and various other heresies. However, I have strong doubts that he truly understands what the latter means, just as he slings terminology around like "syllogism" and "straw man" while demonstrating no knowledge what the terms mean.

I will interact with his most recent post later, when I have the time, if it is worth the effort.

16. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth? (Galatian 4:16)

Summarizing the discusion:

1) Mother of God theory contradicts Heb 7:2-3 which states Melchisedec has the common points with Son of God because both has no Mother no Genealogy.

People of [Mother of God] are so much obssessed with Goddess Worship. If the neutral people who do not believe Bible, and worship no goddess, they can interpret the sentence neutrally and would tell that such comparison wouldn't be possible if the writer had belief that Son of God has the Mother. He compared Melchisedec to Son of God, on the bases that Son of God has no father, no mother, no genealogy, and is king of righteousness, king of peace, which are the common points.

2. Mother of God theory contradicts Trinity because it denies God the Father is God, but claims only God the Son is God in a certain human created sentence (phrase): Mother of God.

3. It denies Holy Spirit is God, because they say Mary is Mother of God, then she is not Mother of Holy Spirit, and thereby Holy Spirit is not God in their own sentence, which means God is God only in the limited space and in the limited sentences, while True God is everywhere.

4. [Mother of God] denies the Pre-existence of Jesus before Mary, while Jesus Himself says Before Abraham was, I am (Jn 8:58). Jesus was almost stoned at that time by Pharasees, whose spiritual descendants may be here on this board.

5. [Mother of God] results in the funny comedy that Mother of God becomes a bride or wife of Son of God, which is a heretic comedy!

6. Nobody in the Bible calls Mary as Mother of God. Which means only pagan believers might have started to call that way.

7. Revelation which shows the future of this world mentions the Blessed name of the Blessed Mother of God at all, which means the most of the people who calls Mother of God may be going to the Lake of Fire!

8. False Christians claim that they are the true believers, but often they disguise themselves as angels of the Light, and lead to Goddess Worship.

9. [Mother of God] exalts the human being, the created, on top of Creator, God, which is absolutely a Heresy!

10. [Mother of God] conveniently claim that the humanity of Jesus didn't exist before Mary, but Mary contributed for that humanity, then she became Mother of Divinity, Mother of God. The truth is that Mary can be the mother of the humanity of Jesus, not for the divinity which existed before Mary, before the creation of the World. If she is not the mother of the divinity, then she should not be called Mother of God.

I know your logic, and know also that you are saying it within the limited sense of Mother of God, but you must recognize that Bible doesn't say so, because it exalt a woman as goddess on top of God, which is heresy!

Come out of Goddess worship theory, if you are true Christians!

17. natters

natters New Member

That is the worst summary I have ever seen on these forums.

Have you talked to your pastor yet about the orthodox understanding of the Trinity?

18. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Natters, have you found any specific word for Pastor in the Bible except Eph 4:11 which has to be translated from Poimen to shepherd. what is the qualification for the Pastor? How do you appoint such position? How is the Job to be called in accordance with Mt 23: 8.

Have you ever read 1 Jn 2:27?

I have never seen any truly born-again believers saying Mother of God, except Roman Catholic, and her cousins like Anglican church, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox.

Mother of God theory is abosolutely heretic comedy!

19. natters

natters New Member

I'll take that as a 'no'. You really should.

20. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think we covered the most issues.

Ransom, Marcia, Natters, this may not be related to the title, but a little extended questions.

I was a little surprised to notice Ransom and Marcia are Baptists, Natters may be RC.
    Do you believe the followings as well?

1. Immaculate Conception
    2. Assumption
    3. Mary is Mother of Church
    4. Perpetual, Ever-Virgin, Life time virgin Mary
    as well?

5. How is the opinion of your church and of the Pastor's on this issue Mother of God.

I thought all of you guys are RC because I don't like to check the personal profiles before debate.
    It may be interesting to know such as Natters suggested to check.

In my church which is Plymouth Brethren, I have never seen anyone who calls or titles Mary as Mother of God. We don't have Pastor throughout the world as Bible has no classification between Clergy and Laymen as in 1 Pet 2:5-9

If you don't feel comfortable with answering, you may not.