• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Firing Squad at Ft Hood, Tx

Salty

20,000 Posts Club
Administrator
The execution of Nidal Hasan by firing squad will take place at Fort Hood, Texas on Thursday, December 3rd, 2026, at 1 p.m. CT.

Thoughts?
 

canadyjd

Well-Known Member
The state has the right to execute.

Christians should not participate nor should we applaud the execution of anyone.

BYW, I think he is at Fort Leavenworth Kansas, though he killed people at Fort Hood.

BTW #2, “we will probably never know why he did it…’

Peace to you
 

Kai

Member
The only part I disagree with is that it's going to be livestreamed. That footage is going to live on the internet forever and can have unintended consequences, like memes being generated and passed around on social media.

I think it's perfectly fine to rejoice in the fact that justice will be given to the victims and their families. At the same time, the fact that a fellow image bearer is about to meet his Maker is not something that should be taken lightly and should be a sobering moment for all of us.
 
Last edited:

Mike B

Active Member
That footage is going to live on the internet forever and can have unintended consequences, like memes being generated and passed around on social media.

You have a very good point, but I'm afraid that's a consequence of what the world today calls "progress".

Those first meme's will be out within minutes of the execution, and IMO that's just sickening.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kai

Salty

20,000 Posts Club
Administrator
The state has the right to execute.

Christians should not participate nor should we applaud the execution of anyone.

BYW, I think he is at Fort Leavenworth Kansas, though he killed people at Fort Hood.

BTW #2, “we will probably never know why he did it…’

Peace to you
It was announced the excutition will be at Ft Hood - the location of the murders. It will take place at 1300 hours - the time the Major starting the massacre.
Could be he was in the stockade at Leavenworth, as that is the military prison.
I would understand if a Christian was selected to be on the firing squad.
The reason is he was doing the will of Allah '

The only part I disagree with is that it's going to be livestreamed. That footage is going to live on the internet forever and can have unintended consequences, like memes being generated and passed around on social media.

I think it's perfectly fine to rejoice in the fact that justice will be given to the victims and their families. At the same time, the fact that a fellow image bearer is about to meet his Maker is not something that should be taken lightly and should be a sobering moment for all of us.
I would not use the term "rejoice" - but realize that justice is be carried out. I trust this will be a lesson for anyone else.
Again, I understand if it is to be livestream. Some say it is wrong to do so. Well, lets take a lesson from them: "If you dont want an abortion - dont have one" So, I suppose we could say - If you don't to watch an excutition - turn off the TV.
And yes, Kai - I fully agree - "... and should be a sobering moment for all of us."
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kai

Mike B

Active Member
I would not use the term "rejoice" - but realize that justice is be carried out. I trust this will be a lesson for anyone else.

Yes, justice is being carried out, but as a lesson for others I'm not sure. Radical Islamists
continue to blown themselves up intentionally in order to kill "infidels"...death doesn't
seem to be much of a deterrent for them.
 

canadyjd

Well-Known Member
I don’t support the death penalty and I think the live stream is a mistake.

Christians have been publicly executed throughout the centuries, and still are today.

During the Great Tribulation, Christians will be targeted around the world (the U.S. will not be an exception) and will no doubt be publicly executed.

By supporting this, Christians are laying the foundation for the public execution of future Christians.

Peace to you
 

canadyjd

Well-Known Member
I do support the death penalty and I think the live stream is appropriate.
It’s ok if we disagree.

There was a botched execution just a few days ago. A woman was given lethal injection, but it wasn’t quite lethal. They took her to the hospital (why?) and she recovered somewhat, but may have suffered brain trauma.

There will now be years of legal battles on whether they can give her “another lethal injection”, double jeopardy, mental ability to understand and so on.

I remember being surprised this is an educated man…. An Officer (Major), a Medical doctor (Psychiatrist?), not at all the stereotype of a young, uneducated impressionable middle eastern man.

I do understand the desire for the live steam. Some will think it justice. Some will want to watch someone else being killed. Some will have sympathy for the man and view it as corruption and oppression.

Peace to you
 

kyredneck

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
There was a botched execution just a few days ago.

Yea, bottom line is they should've had a nurse to insert the needle instead of a doctor. Nurses find the vein every day, even hard to find ones, doctors relegated that task to nurses long ago.
 

SovereignGrace

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
You have a very good point, but I'm afraid that's a consequence of what the world today calls "progress".

Those first meme's will be out within minutes of the execution, and IMO that's just sickening.
There used to be public executions, FYI.
 

SovereignGrace

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
I don’t support the death penalty and I think the live stream is a mistake.

Christians have been publicly executed throughout the centuries, and still are today.

During the Great Tribulation, Christians will be targeted around the world (the U.S. will not be an exception) and will no doubt be publicly executed.

By supporting this, Christians are laying the foundation for the public execution of future Christians.

Peace to you
Why not support it? God instituted it. It’s called biblical justice.
 
Top