Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
That footage is going to live on the internet forever and can have unintended consequences, like memes being generated and passed around on social media.
It was announced the excutition will be at Ft Hood - the location of the murders. It will take place at 1300 hours - the time the Major starting the massacre.The state has the right to execute.
Christians should not participate nor should we applaud the execution of anyone.
BYW, I think he is at Fort Leavenworth Kansas, though he killed people at Fort Hood.
BTW #2, “we will probably never know why he did it…’
Peace to you
I would not use the term "rejoice" - but realize that justice is be carried out. I trust this will be a lesson for anyone else.The only part I disagree with is that it's going to be livestreamed. That footage is going to live on the internet forever and can have unintended consequences, like memes being generated and passed around on social media.
I think it's perfectly fine to rejoice in the fact that justice will be given to the victims and their families. At the same time, the fact that a fellow image bearer is about to meet his Maker is not something that should be taken lightly and should be a sobering moment for all of us.
I would not use the term "rejoice" - but realize that justice is be carried out. I trust this will be a lesson for anyone else.
I don’t support the death penalty and I think the live stream is a mistake.