1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Four reasonable questions concerning KJVO

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by dad, May 5, 2024.

1. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

I am not willing to continue this banter. If you continue to be humanly consistent in refusing to produce the doctrine in the scriptures that supports your doctrines that you consistently advocate here, that is, a never ending line of new English translations and paraphrases, some written particularly to target the homos and queers that God says in at least 4 passages, cannot enter into the kingdom of God. Plus the idea that the Grecians and 1st century Greek speakers are the only Christians worthy of an inspired Bible for the common man, the babe if you will, who only are likely to believe God if we can believe what he says.

1Co 6:9
    Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
    10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

These guys need a gospel preacher, not a translation to fit their lifestyle. A Bible is not going to do them much good.

If you will support your doctrine instead of attacking mine I might respond.

#141 JD731, May 19, 2024
    Last edited: May 19, 2024
  2. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am being scripturally consistent, applying the same truths consistently both before and after 1611. You offer bogus, false strawman distortions that are not at all my scripturally-based position. You bear false witness with your bogus strawmen. You perhaps know that you are being inconsistent.

I have backed my consistent scripturally-based principles or points from the Scriptures while you dismiss and disregard a consistent application of scriptural truths.