• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good Fundamental Baptist Colleges??

Squire Robertsson

Administrator
Administrator
Why not MBBC?

If you are refering to Maranatha Baptist Bible College, my question stands. If not, to which school are you refering?

West Point on the Rock River was founded as a ministry to the local church. Though, it is not a ministry of a particular local church due to the circumstances of late 60s Wisconsin.
 

Squire Robertsson

Administrator
Administrator
savethebaptists said:
. . . Major SNIP. . .
i would not recommend SNIP MBBC SNIP:thumbs:
oh yeah, i am writing this from my IFB point of view
You've been seen and called on this comment. So, show your reasoning. Otherwise, we'll just ignore it as an empty bluff.
 

Ophelia

New Member
savethebaptists said:
just because the home church of Dr. patz called a pastor from SBTS, that doesn't mean that fundamental churches are beginning to loosen up a little. and besides Dr. patz has been dead for a while, so it should not be significant that his home chuch became a little bit looser. Both of my parents went to NBBC and they are serving the lord today. i plan on going to either BJU or UofM (university of Michigan)

Anyway i would recommend NBBC, BJU, PBBC, FBBC, WBBC, ABC
i would not recommend PCC, MBBC, LBU:thumbs:
oh yeah, i am writing this from my IFB point of view

Just a note - BJU is not a fundamental baptist school so if you are looking for a fundamental BAPTIST school, you might want to look elsewhere.

Although I do think BJU is a good school.:thumbs:
 

USMC71

New Member
Koontzy said:
I am planning on attending one... I will be doing the distance learning program, and using my GI Bill to pay for it... I want to be able to get a masters of divinity or possibly a DofM in the future, but I think I have to start off with a undergrad degree??? what good colleges are there? I live in Indiana btw, so something near would be nice... I have checked out Luther Rice and it looks good.... I know about Hyles anderson college but they dont offer distance learning..

thanks

Look into Heartland Baptist Bible College in Oklahoma City. I used my GI Bill there for most of my education and they have distance learning. It is Fundemental in ALL of the distinctives.
 

Spoudazo

New Member
Liberty University is surely not fundamental nor conservative.

Can a man be a Godly man and yet flirt with harlots? Then how can Liberty University be conservative if it is flirting with the "Church" of Rome?

It was also in 1985 that Falwell invited radical Catholic Senator Edward Kennedy to speak at Liberty Baptist College and Thomas Road Baptist Church. “The Senator announced to the audience of 5,000, ‘I am an American and a Catholic.’ He then lectured them on Pope John XXIII’s renewal of the gospel call and the voice of Catholic bishops in the U.S.A. He opened his speech with these words. ‘I have come here to discuss my beliefs about faith and country, tolerance, and truth in America. ... I love my country and I treasure my faith.’ ... In spite of Kennedy’s travesty of historical facts, open defiance of Biblical standards (‘I utterly reject any such standards,’ he said), his obvious scorn of Biblical truth and defense of his Roman faith, the Senator was given two standing ovations and was interrupted a dozen times by applause. Cal Thomas’ impression as Moral Majority spokesman was that this is a step towards ‘disarming ideologues on both sides’” (The Flaming Torch, Jan.-Mar. 1985).
http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/falwellandrome.htm
 

nkypastor

New Member
Tennessee Temple University is a good choice, and they have a distance learning program. Check them out at www.tntemple.edu. They are accredidated by TRACS.

I would also reccomend Liberty's distance program. I am in the process of applying here for their Master of Divinity program.

You may also wish to take a few credits online and then transfer them into other programs. For example, my alma meter is Clear Creek Baptist Bible College, and they are a small, conservative Baptist college with SACS accredidated courses. They have courses online each semester. The website is www.ccbbc.edu. The tuition is always affordable there!

I am currently withdrawing from Trinity Theological Seminary in Newburgh, IN. It is an unaccredidated school, and these guys are right in saying there are plenty of legit, distance-learning options out there! :)

nkypastor
 
Top