Foxmeister
Active Member
Domain is and or a sphere where a person, king, or organization holds authority. The president does not have domain over the White House because it belongs to the federal government and the people of this country.He is still the President and (more importantly) a human being who deserves to speak his mind without being taken out of context and misrepresented. If I were holding a press conference for whatever reason, I don't think I would want anyone in attendance who would likely twist my words around either! If you are intent on slandering or putting a "spin" on what I am saying in order to make me look like a racist or an idiot, you can do so from secondary sources. I will not enable you by inviting you into "my house!"
No, the White House is not owned by the President but the president is occupying the White House and it is very much HIS domain! I think people ought to respect this and count it a privilege to be sitting in the press room.