NaasPreacher (C4K)
Well-Known Member
Askjo said:See the bold above -- wrong! These MVs said that Jesus' testimony is valid and not valid. Jesus contradicts Himself according to these passages in modern versions. Confusion? Do you deny it?
I fail understand why you seem to always seem to manifest such a mean spirit in these discussions.
Do I deny that confusion is caused by versions? Yes, I do.
Confusion is caused by Christians who do not take the time to study an issue and act accordingly. The way to adjust is, as suggested above, use the same Bible as the pastor uses when he preaches.
I generally preach out of the KJV, people in our church use the NKJV, the NIV, the ESV, and a Polish bible. There have been Tagalog and Afrikaner bibles in services as well as others. I have yet to see people looking around in confusion because of their Bible version. Perhaps it is because people are looking for something from the Lord and not hung up on specific translations or versions.
The example above really confuses me and the "testimony" question. That was not on topic first of all because we are not talking about confusions within translations, but confusion caused by using different versions. I won't get into the "second of all" because it would take this discussion back off topic, and I don't want the prophecies of imminent closure to come true