1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured He Who Covers Sin Shall Not Prosper

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Commentary Critical and Explanatory on the Whole Bible - Unabridged
    He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

He that covereth his sins (by denying or extenuating them, 1 Samuel 15:20-21) shall not prospe
    'To hide a sin with a lie is like a crust of leprosy drawn over an ulcer' (Jeremy Taylor). Many cover them by laying the blame on others (Genesis 3:12-13; Ezekiel 18:2). Many plead, 'I am not the only one, or the first one who did it, and I shall not be the last.' Contrast Acts 19:18.

But whoso confesseth and forsaketh (them) (not returning like a dog to his vomit, 2 Peter 2:22) shall have mercy. The sincerity of the confession is proved by a man's forsaking his sins (Job 34:31-32). Then mercy is sure (Psalms 32:5 ; 1 John 1:8-10).

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Spurgeon is one of my favorites. Good choice :Thumbsup.

Bottom line is we CANNOT cover or hide our sins from God.

Christians should wear out that path to the throne.

One of the most powerful prayers I have prayed is for God to show me my sin. A word of caution - He will. A word of comfort - through Him you will overcome.

Christians may stumble but they are not mastered by sin. This does not mean they take sin lightly - it is the opposite. We repent and kill that sin in our lives.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guessing a Guinness lite is out of the question! :(

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Better than a Yengling light I suppose :Whistling

I like Red Stripe light but have not seen it in years.