• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Help! I feel disenfranchised!

Jkdbuck76

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Oh yes. I have a surgery scheduled Thursday to swap out my faulty chemo port. The nurse told me that I MUST bring photo ID when I arrive to prove who I am or else I don't get the operation.

I feel so disenfranchised! Somebody help!
 
Oh yes. I have a surgery scheduled Thursday to swap out my faulty chemo port. The nurse told me that I MUST bring photo ID when I arrive to prove who I am or else I don't get the operation.

I feel so disenfranchised! Somebody help!

I'd call the ACLU! Huge rights violation.

On a serious note, good luck Thursday. In our prayers.
 

Revmitchell

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Oh yes. I have a surgery scheduled Thursday to swap out my faulty chemo port. The nurse told me that I MUST bring photo ID when I arrive to prove who I am or else I don't get the operation.

I feel so disenfranchised! Somebody help!

That is racist! I am quite sure the NAACP will be glad to help you.
 

exscentric

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
I hear Aamco doesn't require id if you pay cash. Could get your tranny checked at the same time. ;-) Have a good exchange!
 

Benjamin

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
I feel so disenfranchised! Somebody help!

It would helpful to know what kind of help do you want, but:

Bureaucratic Pay back?: Ask the nurse for a picture ID to make sure he/she is who he/she says he/she is.

A Bureaucrats nightmare, Question the nurse’s authority?: Tell the nurse the ID isn't available, but you plan of having the surgery anyway and tell the nurse to, and/or better yet you will contact doctor. My bet is the doctor who made the effort to set up the surgery will 1) override that nonsense 2) the nurse will be scared to start a cancellation on those grounds. If not, be sure you have the ID around.

Make light of the Bureaucracy, Just want to mess with the nurse?: Bring a ridiculous homemade ID and tell the nurse he/she should have specified the “official” type. Let the nurse sweat for a while.

Or bring a list of what you think the nurse’s responsibilities should be during this procedure, (it doesn’t have to be any more serious than the ID check) and ask the nurse to initial and sign at the bottom.

Hope that helps. ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top