• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

How much do you pay for gasoline?

How much do you pay for gasoline?

  • 1.00-2.00 per gallon

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.00-3.00 a gallon

    Votes: 5 11.9%
  • 3.00-4.00 a gallon

    Votes: 35 83.3%
  • 4.00-5.00 a gallon

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 5.00 and up per gallon

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I ride my bicycle.

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I take public transportation.

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I walk.

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I just stay home.

    Votes: 3 7.1%
  • I sold my car to buy gas for my lawn mower.

    Votes: 1 2.4%

  • Total voters
    42

NaasPreacher (C4K)

Well-Known Member
I use diesel - prices went up again yesterday. If the dollar stays where it is the next tank will cost me $7.59 a gallon but the dollar collapse looks serious now, could cost a lot more than that :(.
 

Crabtownboy

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Gas

Have not bought any gas since I was home in January, but I understand the price is about $8.00 a gallon here in the Czech Republic.

The falling dollar is part of the reason. So, if your church supports any missionaries please increase the amount you are sending. Many missionary families must be having a very hard time now with the falling dollar making everything more expensive.

When I arrived in Prague in Jan. 100 CzK equalied about $5.00. Now that same 100 Czk equals about $6.66. Tough on families who do not make a whole lot to start with.
 

David Lamb

Well-Known Member
I Am Blessed 17 said:
(You can choose as many options as apply.)

I am paying $3.47 per gallon right now.

I am paying 1.05 pounds sterling per litre, that is, about 4.55 pounds sterling per gallon. That's about $9.12 per gallon.
 

menageriekeeper

Active Member
It was $3.18 here on Friday, I understand. I haven't filled up since Friday a week ago at $3.05 (I think), and T filled Cass' car last Monday at $3.08.

If I'm lucky what is left in both tanks will take me through till Saturday a week from now (payday), since it is spring break. I'll tell you though, these constantly rising gas prices are killing my budget. It's hard enough to plan out a month's budget without something that is constantly going up. :( Monthly paychecks are for the birds!
 

J.Wayne

New Member
Too bloodly much! Here it is $3.19/gallon. Isn't legalized pick-pocketing wonderful? Yes, I know it does not compare to the $7.8,or $9 prices some or being raped at, but now matter it is still pathetic.
 

PJ

Active Member
Site Supporter
Way too much, that's for sure! Last week's purchase was at $3.45 per gallon. Some stations a few hours from where we live was selling for $4.09 yesterday.

Every time I hear the national average, I realize our state is being jipped. Our local gas stations can be as much as 20 cents higher than the nat'l average. GRRR!
 

PJ

Active Member
Site Supporter
No wonder we're feeling the pinch. That's highway robbery! :BangHead:

Yet I'm grateful it's not $6, $7 or $8 per gallon, as some have mentioned ...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

chuck2336

Member
3.12 a gallon yesterday before church.

I was going to say 1.99 but I was afraid of the violent reaction that might cause!

:thumbs:
 

David Lamb

Well-Known Member
FriendofSpurgeon said:
One of the reasons your gas is so high is because of the state of Ohio gas taxes. $0.44 for every gallon in Ohio goes to the feds or to the state. Some states are higher, some are lower.

See http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp to see how each state taxes gasoline.
The tax here on a gallon is $6.41 (if I have done my maths correctly, converting litres to gallons and pounds sterling to US dollars). But I have just remembered that US gallons are smaller than UK ones, so the tax is about $5.41 per US gallon.
 

David Lamb

Well-Known Member
menageriekeeper said:
Whoa! That seems like a terrible amount of tax, but what are those moneys used for? I'm not familiar with how the Canadian tax structure is set up.
:confused: Canadian tax structure? Must be some misunderstanding, as you are in America, and I'm in England. :laugh:
 
Top