• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hypnotic Music

Kathy

New Member
Awww man, why are you dissin on Benny Hinn? HE'S REAL I TELL YA!! LoL

:::JOKING:::
laugh.gif

Kathy
<><
 

vaspers

New Member
Dude: Kathy already explained it in context...

...Thread Jacking is like car jacking, jacking means "taking over the controls and/or direction of a transportation device"...

...and verily thus and such: Thread jacking is changing the topic of a comment "thread" or line of discussion.

Yes, CCM is Contemporary Christian Music, from Twila Paris, Larry Norman, Keith Green, Michael W. Smith, and Sara Groves...through Newsboys, Starflyer 59, 4Him, dcTalk, Sixpence NTR,Out of the Grey, LaRue, Glad, Wes King, Phil Keaggy, Cross Movement, Benjamin Gate, and Jars of Clay...to THE PRAYER CHAIN, Brave Saint Saturn, Joy Electric, Apt*Core, Prodigal Sons, UltraBeat, and Rhymes Monumental.

Lotsa great new, scripturally sound, edifying Christian music that's not afraid to use modern instruments, innovative compositions, and relevant inspiration.

God is innovative, not mediocre or stuck in the past.

flower.gif
thumbs.gif
flower.gif
 

Elijah

New Member
Originally posted by vaspers:
Dude: Kathy already explained it in context...

...Thread Jacking is like car jacking, jacking means "taking over the controls and/or direction of a transportation device"...

...and verily thus and such: Thread jacking is changing the topic of a comment "thread" or line of discussion.

Yes, CCM is Contemporary Christian Music, from Twila Paris, Larry Norman, Keith Green, Michael W. Smith, and Sara Groves...through Newsboys, Starflyer 59, 4Him, dcTalk, Sixpence NTR,Out of the Grey, LaRue, Glad, Wes King, Phil Keaggy, Cross Movement, Benjamin Gate, and Jars of Clay...to THE PRAYER CHAIN, Brave Saint Saturn, Joy Electric, Apt*Core, Prodigal Sons, UltraBeat, and Rhymes Monumental.

Lotsa great new, scripturally sound, edifying Christian music that's not afraid to use modern instruments, innovative compositions, and relevant inspiration.

God is innovative, not mediocre or stuck in the past.

flower.gif
thumbs.gif
flower.gif
Uh oh, I just agreed with vaspers again, and whole heartedly. I enjoy scripturally sound contemporary music, but have no use for the hypnotic, mood altering music at the word of faith crusades. IMO, that stuff is just to get you in the mood to fall backward when the guy with the funny haircut bops you on the forehead. Vaspers ,you make good sense here. If I could just get you straightened out about the Passion movie? Just pullin your chain man. Have a great day, Im off to our evening service(teaching on Jacob and Esau tonight.) ;)
wave.gif
 

Daniel

New Member
You all ought to hear the new group called CASTING CROWNS. This is not mindless repetition nor hypnotic. They employ strong preaching via means of a contemporary Christian music. Check it out for yourself. You'll see what I mean!
 
D

dianetavegia

Guest
And you're doing a good job, Gib! Hey, did everyone look at Kathy's profile? She is gorgeous!!

Diane
 
D

dianetavegia

Guest
LOL! See, Gib is being Good again!

Kathy you are very beautiful!

Diane
 
D

dianetavegia

Guest
I had one of those done about 8 years ago Kathy. I've not seen them around now in years tho.

Diane
 

Kathy

New Member
I love Casting Crowns music! Definitely not 7-11! But I wouldn't mind having a slurpee while listening


Kathy
<><
 

Daniel

New Member
Some CASTING CROWNS lyrics to ponder...

"If We Are The Body"
by Casting Crowns


It's crowded in worship today
but she slips in
trying to fade into the faces
but gils teasing laughter is carrying fartther than they know
farther than they know

CHORUS
But if we are the body
why arent his arms reaching
why arent his hands healing
why arent his words teaching
if we are the body
why arent his feet going
why is his love not showing them there is a way
there is a way

A traveler is far away from home
he sheds his coat
and quietly sinks into the back row
the looks on their judgemental faces are letting him know
hes better out on the road

CHORUS
But if we are the body
why arent his arms reaching
why arent his hands healing
why arent his words teaching
if we are the body
why arent his feet going
why is his love not showing them there is a way

For jesus paid much to high a price
for us to pick and choose who should come
and we are the body of christ

Chorus (2x)
But if we are the body
why arent his arms reaching
why arent his hands healing
why arent his words teaching
if we are the body
why arent his feet going
why is his love not showing them their is a way

there is a way
---------------------------------------
"Here I Go Again"
by Casting Crowns


Father, hear my prayer
I need the perfect words
Words that he will hear
And know they're straight from You
I don't know what to say
I only know it hurts
To see my only friend slowly fade away

So maybe this time I'll speak the words of life
With Your fire in my eyes
But that old familiar fear is tearing at my words
What am I so afraid of?

'Cause here I go again
Talkin' bout the rain
And mulling over things that won't live past today
And as I dance around the truth
Time is not his friend
This might be my last chance to tell him that
You love him
But here I go again, Here I go again

Lord, You love him so, You gave Your only Son
If he will just believe; he will never die
But how then will he know what he has never heard
Lord he has never seen mirrored in my life

Maybe this time I'll speak the words of life
With Your fire in my eyes
But that old familiar fear is tearing at my words
What am I so afraid of?

'Cause here I go again
Talkin' bout the rain
And mulling over things that won't live past today
And as I dance around the truth
Time is not his friend
This might be my last chance to tell him that
You love him
But here I go again, Here I go again

This might be my last chance to tell him that You love him
This might be my last chance to tell him that You love him
You love him, You love him
What Am I so afraid
What am I so afraid
What am I so afraid of?
How then will he know
What he has never heard
-----------------------------------------------

"What If His People Prayed?"
by Casting Crowns


What if the armies of the Lord
Picked up and dusted off their swords
Vowed to set the captives free
And not let satan have one more

What if the church, for heaven's sake
Finally stepped up to the plate
Took a stand upon God's promise
And stormed hell's rusty gates

What if His people prayed
And those who bare His name
Would humbly seek His face
And turn from their own way

And what would happen if we prayed
For those raised up to lead the way
Then maybe kids in school could pray
And unborn children see light of day

What if the life that we pursue
Came from a hunger for the truth
What if the family turned to Jesus
Stopped asking Oprah what to do

He said that they would hear
His promise has been made
He'll answer loud and clear
If only we would pray

If My people called by My name
If they'll humble themselves and pray
If My people called by My name
If they'll humble themselves and pray

What if His people prayed
------------------------------------------------
"Who Am I?"
by Casting Crowns


Who am I, that the Lord of all the earth
Would care to know my name
Would care to feel my hurt
Who am I, that the Bright and Morning Star
Would choose to light the way
For my eevr wandering heart

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am a flower quickly fading
Here today and gone tomorrow
A wave tossed in the ocean
A vapor in the wind
Still You hear me when I'm calling
Lord, You catch me when I'm falling
And You've told me who I am
I am Yours, I am Yours

I am Yours
Whom shall I fear
Whom shall I fear
'Cause I am Yours
I am Yours
---------------------
There's much more, but that's enough to ponder for now...certainly not the hypnotic 7-11 stuff!
And absolutely NOT fluff!
thumbs.gif
 

Gib

Active Member
wow. I didn't say I didn't like a little fluff. Anywho, have you seen them live.
 
Top