Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
Anti-Alexandrian said:here must be somthing about the AV for you to devote SO MUCH time picking it apart.
See the bold above. False! On other thread I answered concerning the KJV superiority over modern versions reflecting to right translation of words in the KJV. I compared the KJV and modern versions reflecting to two verses. Look at John 5:31 and 8:14. I found modern versions contradicted with 2 verses. The KJV does not contradict them -- ZERO! The KJV superiority!!!!Logos1560 said:Your statement does not demonstrate that the KJV is superior in every rendering of every verse to all other English translations. The point of this thread does not concern any claim of whether the KJV may be superior overall, but only whether it is superior in every rendering of every verse. Are you claiming complete superiority at every verse for the KJV?
Askjo said:See the bold above. False! On other thread I answered concerning the KJV superiority over modern versions reflecting to right translation of words in the KJV. I compared the KJV and modern versions reflecting to two verses. Look at John 5:31 and 8:14. I found modern versions contradicted with 2 verses. The KJV does not contradict them -- ZERO! The KJV superiority!!!!
Eliyahu said:The people who have chosen KJV as their Bible will not regret about their choice when they stand in front of God on the Great Day of Judgment, while so many so-called intelligent Doctors, Pastors who criticize KJV by eloquent logic and profound knowledge, will be speechless and ashamed!
When I talk with Anti-KJV people I have often found they don't know much about the Bible! They don't care about the difference!
God loves KJV and the people who love KJV!
Mexdeaf said:In my humble opinion this is the most ignorant statement that I have ever read on the BB. To date, anyways.
Eliyahu said:When I talk with Anti-KJV people I have often found they don't know much about the Bible! They don't care about the difference!
Eliyahu said:I don't care about any reproach or condemnation against my statement or my choice as my Lord Jesus didn't!
Eliyahu said:The people who have chosen KJV as their Bible will not regret about their choice when they stand in front of God on the Great Day of Judgment, while so many so-called intelligent Doctors, Pastors who criticize KJV by eloquent logic and profound knowledge, will be speechless and ashamed!
When I talk with Anti-KJV people I have often found they don't know much about the Bible! They don't care about the difference!
God loves KJV and the people who love KJV!
gb93433 said:Personally I spend no time picking it apart because it has already been oicked apart much like a cat who kills a bird--feathers going everywhere with a lot of fluff in the air. The AV has already been proven an outdated translation so there is nothing more to pick apart. Picking the AV apart is much like kicking a dead horse--[attack on Bible deleted].
C4K said:It appears that both sides in this debate are capable of using opinion as "fact."
Proven to be outdated??? For an "outdated version" it sure seems to be powerfully used of God in the 21st century!
C4K said:It appears that both sides in this debate are capable of using opinion as "fact."
Proven to be outdated??? For an "outdated version" it sure seems to be powerfully used of God in the 21st century!
Askjo said:I compared the KJV and modern versions reflecting to two verses. Look at John 5:31 and 8:14. I found modern versions contradicted with 2 verses.
C4K said:I don't know of many anti-KJV people. I am surprised that you have actually met people who are against the KJV. I have quite a wide sphere of Christian friends and associates and only a tiny, tiny segment would be against the KJV.
Eliyahu said:This is what I wanted to address to, because many people say that they don't hate KJV, but de facto they speak or work against it.
Eliyahu said:The people who have chosen KJV as their Bible will not regret about their choice when they stand in front of God on the Great Day of Judgment
Eliyahu said:This is what I wanted to address to, because many people say that they don't hate KJV, but de facto they speak or work against it.
Keith M said:Standing against the KJVO belief is not standing against the KJV itself. Standing against the KJVO belief is standing against a man-made "doctrine" that is based on nothing found in any Bible version.
Keith M said:Those on BB who "speak or work against" the KJV do neither. I think I can speak for those who favor MVs in saying that if someone wants to use the KJV as their personal Bible of choice, that is fine. It is up to the individual.
Speaking against the KJV would entail calling the KJV garbage or other such blasphemies. Has anyone on BB called the KJV garbage? Of course not!
Working against the KJV would entail trying to get rid of the KJV altogether so that no one could use it or have access to it. Has anyone on BB stated their desire to make the KJV unavailable to anyone who wants to use it? Again, the answer is no.
Standing against the KJVO belief is not standing against the KJV itself. Standing against the KJVO belief is standing against a man-made "doctrine" that is based on nothing found in any Bible version.