C4K said:To say that the KJV is not a perfect translation is not to speak against it.
I agree. I find no problem with that statement.
I don't say KJV is superior to all other translations because I find no error on KJV, but I say it is superior to others, because I have found big spiritual differences in thousand verses between KJV and others and KJV presents much better translations in most cases.
There are some minor errors even in KJV, which is much much less than what I find in MV's and other versions. I understand there were minor changes even among the editions of KJV, which is understandable.
In addition, KJV has a significant problem with the language update, which requires us the humbleness to admit the laziness of our generation.
If you remember my statements in the past, you will find that I have been consistant in this regard.
Nevertheless I still believe KJV is superior to all other translations in English, because KJV stands on the right position in almost all the doctrinal issues. Therefore I love KJV despite some minor errors plus language update, none the less.
This may go a little off the topic if we deal with it too much, but let me tell you shortly about what I had debated recently, about Geneis 37:28
The issue was who pulled up Joseph out of the pit.
NIV and NKJV are kind to tell us that his brethren drew and pulled up Joseph out of the pit, while KJV was neutral by saying : Midianites passed by and they pulled up Joseph out of the pit.
NIV and NKJV seem to consider Midianites and Ishmeelites are the same, considering Gen 37:36. But the problem is that there is no word for " his brethren" in the Hebrew original sentence such as "Acheio ( or Aheio)".
By inserting the word like that NIV and NKJV may mislead the readers.
If we read Gen 40:15 Joseph confess that he was stolen away out of Land of Hebrew.
Many people misunderstand that Joseph was sold by his brethren. They intended to do so and the result became like that, and they were responsible for the whole process, and therefore Stephen mentioned that his brethren sold Joseph ( Acts 7:9). However, Jews know that the Midianites were different from Ishmeelites which were the long distance truckers while Midianites were local merchants. Moreover we can hardly understand why Reuben was surprised not to find Joseph (in v 29 of ch 37) and returned to his brethren, which means he was with his brethren before. If Ishmeelites pulled him up, then why didn't Reuben know about it since Ishmeelites were with many camels and products?
Joseph's own confession is important and he says " I was stolen away out of land of Hebrews", why does he say so?
Again, in that sentence alone, KJV is accurate while NIV and NKJV inserted the words which do not exist in the original text.
This may sound off topic but there are thousands of verses where KJV and others differ each other and KJV is correct.
Last edited: