Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
Had you looked closely you would have been able to see that Bush and Kerry's Counties won by less than 5% are both under 200.Originally posted by JGrubbs:
You can't use the map to say that the country is not divided, many of those counties were probably won 51% to 49%. Which would make the state red, but still be divided.
Had you looked closely you would have been able to see that Bush and Kerry's Counties won by less than 5% are both under 200. </font>[/QUOTE]Okay so 47% to 53% woudl be 6% points. I would still consider that divided.Originally posted by Hardsheller:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by JGrubbs:
You can't use the map to say that the country is not divided, many of those counties were probably won 51% to 49%. Which would make the state red, but still be divided.
It's a matter of relative subjectivity. The verbage of healing the nation, uniting the division, etc, are all things that are commonly heard after an election. It's all well and good, but it's typically just spin.Originally posted by john6:63:
The media would led us to beLIEve that ours is a country divided...
If I am not mistaken, your interpretation of prophecy includes the imminent return of Christ, meaning that he could return at any time.Originally posted by williemakeit:
If we are to believe the Bible, this country will need to continue its moral decline (condoning unnatural relationships, killing unborn children, pushing God out of everyday life, etc.).
I think it is culturally based on geographics. I live in rural CA and started my election day there. All around me had seen smiling faces, fish emblems, Bush stickers, etc. By mid-day I had arrived in the Bay Area of CA and I was surrounded by sour faces, Kerry stickers, Darwin emblems, etc. In the morning in rural CA, you couldn't have told anyone that Bush couldn't win. In the afternoon, no one in the Bay would beleive Kerry could lose (and the next day I heard people claiming the exit polls were right, that people had cheated!)Originally posted by Hardsheller:
I don't disagree that we're divided.
I just think we're more divided culturally than we are geographically.
Originally posted by Joseph_Botwinick:
Viva la Division.![]()
If I am not mistaken, your interpretation of prophecy includes the imminent return of Christ, meaning that he could return at any time.Originally posted by Pennsylvania Jim:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by williemakeit:
If we are to believe the Bible, this country will need to continue its moral decline (condoning unnatural relationships, killing unborn children, pushing God out of everyday life, etc.).