K4H, Though I realize that I sent you a private message to thank you for taking the time to welcome me aboard,and warn me of the onslaught of attack that may come from my beliefs. I thought I would take the time to publicly thank you for your Christian hospitality and encourage you to stay aboard ship a little bit longer. This I want all our friends on the board to see after all why should they get to have all the fun? Or think that ours is an isolated and backward position? There are more of us out here than you realize or that they know. Just check out the Sword of the Lord ministries. One IMFB to another take courage!
All the established churches in Europe and colonial America, hunted down,jailed, tortured, confiscated the property of, fined and even killed our Baptist forefathers,nothing's changed. Truth has always been in the minority. When things start going really smooth and everyone is patting you on the back, somethings wrong.
Though I did not read all the replys posted in your original thread,I began to get a headache, I assure you have absolutely nothing to worry about. This is not the first time that I have joined the board, I have been associated with it in years past, and fully understand your frustration. But, I take you back to one of your questions, who has been helped? I assure you that if they are allowed to chase off all fundamental voices no one will be. Not that I would advocate spending much time arguing on here, there are souls to be won. None-the-less someone may read your defense of the truth and get it. You can not help it if some minds are closed to the truth. Let's be honest if as one accused you or us of believing that God waited 1611 years to give us a Bible, they have not been honestly listening to what we have been saying. And really in the end why do you care what they think? After all look at their flawed logic. According to the common argument of our day God gave us His word in the original autographs and then we Christians lost it for Him. But thanks to modern biblical scholarship being on their toes we are in the process of regaining our access to the word of God. So I guess according to this argument we ought to be on our knees thanking our friends on the board for enlightening us poor ignorant folk who blindly believed God when He said that He inspired,and promised to preserve His word for us.To think I have now believed Romans 10:17 for some nearly twenty years now. Of course I realize this does not compare with the 50 plus years teaching experience of some of our friends, and thus we should learn all we can from them while we can for surely all wisdom shall die with them,(Job 12:2). The one I really feel sorry for is God, to imagin He so blindly trusted us with His word and we let Him down.(This is where you will need to break out the smelling salts to revive those who have passed out from hearing me just blaspheme).Then you have to feel sorry for our friends who accuse our God of taking 1611 years to produce our Bible and theirs has taken 6000 plus years and they have not gotten it yet.
On a serious note and in closing, let me say do not allow the opinions of a few people discourage you. Take comfort in the knowledge that your God will not fail in any of the promises He has made to you in His Holy Writ, it is settled (Ps 119:89). And before you pillow your head in the peace of knowing your God and the word He has given are true and faithful, pray for those who's sleep must surely be broken when they do not yet know fully what parts of their bibles are settled and sure.