Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
peperoni123 said:http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/king_james-proofs.htm
My name is Justin. I am 18. I am an Independant Fundamental Baptist. I only use the KJV. I faithfully attend church and surrendered to preach the gospel last year. I am going to Faithway Baptist College next year to take a four year course to be a pastor.
peperoni123 said:
not regurgitate the garbage of those who are intellectually, logically and theologically bankrupt.
peperoni123 said:
C4K said:This is the kind of statement I am asking regular posters not to make in this thread. Here is a chance for godly instruction of a young man. Please let us do so in a spirit of teaching a younger man.
I hope posters on both sides of the issue can help this young man in a way which demonstrates to him how men of God can differ and still respect each other.
FABLE: The King James Bible was revised several times before 1800, so modern translations are just additional revisions of the original King James Bible of 1611.
FACT: The so-called "revisions" of the King James Bible prior to 1800 were to correct typographical errors, add notes, and omit the Apocrypha from between the Testaments. There were no changes in the actual TEXT of the King James Bible. The REAL changes (over 36,000 of them) didn't start until the modern revisionists came on the scene.
C4K said:Evening Justin,
Here is a sample quote from the link you posted:
Now, you need to read this kind of statement carefully and think logically.
Can a perfect Bible have errors? The writers of this link on one hand claim the Bible is perfect, yet here say it had errors. Can it be perfect and have errors?
These are the kinds of issues you need to think through while drawing your own conclusions on this explosivel issue.
BTW Toney. thanks for your comments. I just want us to try and and avoid inflammatory language considering the youth of the author of the OP.
Welcome, Sir!peperoni123 said:http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Bible/king_james-proofs.htm
My name is Justin. I am 18. I am an Independant Fundamental Baptist. I only use the KJV. I faithfully attend church and surrendered to preach the gospel last year. I am going to Faithway Baptist College next year to take a four year course to be a pastor.
FABLE: The original King James Bible included the Apocrypha in the Old Testament.
FACT: The King James translators knew the Apocrypha was not scripture, so they placed it BETWEEN the Old and New Testament as a HISTORICAL DOCUMENT, not as scripture.
peperoni123 said:My name is Justin. I am 18. I am an Independant Fundamental Baptist. I only use the KJV. I faithfully attend church and surrendered to preach the gospel last year. I am going to Faithway Baptist College next year to take a four year course to be a pastor.