AVBunyan said:Sorry – I’m back – not for long but couldn’t resist.
Biblical support? I mentioned this before but I feel this issue needs to be addressed again.
“Honest”? – BTW, What are you insinuating here Keith?
Keith - Do you have biblical support for bathrooms in your church? Give me scripture Keith for having bathrooms in your church – I’m easy to do business with. How about TV’s, computers, copiers, projectors, etc.?
Now let’s be practical – does having bathrooms violate scripture? There are principles which govern our everyday actions. One most know the book to be in order to properly apply the scriptures. What about bathrooms? Do they in anyway violate scripture? No – so one is safe having bathrooms in a church.
Now take our stand on the King James Bible – does it violate scripture? You folks have yet to prove it does not violate scripture. We believe it doesn’t so therefore we are safe.
Plus when we line up a KJV with all the modern versions we find the KJV:
1. To be more accurate
2. To be more precise
3. Contains no error or mixture of error
4. To be more Christ exalting
5. Easier to memorize
6. Easier to cross reference
7. More “majestic” sounding
8. Has a proven track record
9. More authoritative sounding
10. More attacked than the modern versions
11. Less accepted by the world – Rom. 12:1
I open up a King James Bible to Prov 30:5 and I Tim. 3:16 (to name a few) and by faith assume it is talking about what I hold in my hands. I couldn’t, with a clear conscience, say the same about the modern versions. If you can then fine. I find the modern versions lacking.
So by process of elimination we take the King James Bible to be the one God choose to preserve his words foro us today. All we can do is compare a King James Bible with the modern versions – that is the issue is it not? Quit comparing the KJV with the older Bishops, Geneva, etc.. Compare it with the modern versions – that is the real test – the modern versions are what’s being used today not the Dead Sea Scrolls, the Bishops, etc.
Your modern versions have some of God’s words and many other verses that are close but they are not as accurate, precise, Christ exalting, etc. as a simple King James Bible. yes, I know, in our opinion - that's fine.
I honestly told you folks a year ago on my first post that I could not take facts to prove to you the King James Bible was the inspired word of God any more than you could prove it wasn’t.
You couldn’t prove by facts that Christ died for your sins either – we take this great truth by faith - the just shall live by faith.
But…but…when we lay our KJV along side your versions it is pretty simple to see which one is superior in every way, at least in our eyes.
Actually, all you have is UNFOUNDED OPINION, which under the laws of this land, you are entitled to. And there's a BIG difference between things that might be found within a church sanctuary, (The early churches met in peoples' homes, so whatever kitchen/bathroom facilities they had were gimmes) and foundation of its existence.(tHE SCRIPTURES) When you mess with the Scriptures, you'd better have a VALID REASON, or God will not be amused. When you try to LIMIT GOD to just one version, you'd better have a good excuse. Man-made assertions just won't cut it.
You have your standards and we have ours. Our standard is a King James Bible. What is your standard by which you go by?
God bless
MY standard? God's word, in every version He enables me to read, including the KJV and the AV 1611.
And God Bless you & yours thru the holidays, and every other time as well.