1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Kingdom Theology

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonC, May 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are Covenant theology premils such as myself who do see the Kingdom as being here in part, but not as of yet in full!

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this present age under the direct reigning of Lord Jesus, or is Satan being permitted to be the god of this age?

3. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "You show your dispensationalism." Really? What's that all about? Of course I do!!! Good grief. That's ridiculous. :Roflmao And yes, I fully accept that Jesus is King. He is the king of my life and has been since I was16. I believe in the Kingdom of God with all of my heart, and I believe with all of my heart that Jesus will rule the earth (not just Israel) for 1000 years on the throne of David. All of your mocking and attacks will not change that.

Wow. So you won't interact with what I actually wrote, but prefer to attack me with "silly twisting and wild attempts." Okay, since you won't actually discuss doctrine, I'm done. God bless you.

#83 John of Japan, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    John, I know, no Greek.

How far is the concept of John 14:2 from 2 Cor 5:2 of which the same word, for house, is used in Jude 1:6 as habitation?

Is that the habitation of which Jesus was raised, out of the dead? Is that what was prepared as our future, habitation, abode, at his coming? Compare Phil 3:20,21 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I also know, no Hebrew but let me ask.

Is not that same concept, relative to the one who first descended to the lower parts of the earth, at death Jesus, as seen in ? Psalms 139:15,16 My substance was not hid from Thee, When I was made in secret, Curiously wrought in the lower part of earth. Mine unformed substance Thine eyes saw, And on Thy book all of them are written, The days they were formed -- And not one among them.

The man Jesus first clothed then we clothed as he has been at his coming?

6. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The word in John 14:2 is oikia (οἰκίᾳ), simply meaning "dwelling place," including perhaps just a one room apartment. In 2 Cor. 5:2 and Jude v. 6, as you note, it is the same word, oiketerion (οἰκητήριον), more of a general term, as I see it, so "habitation" instead of "dwelling place." An animal might have a habitation, but not a dwelling place.

I would interpret it in Jude as being where they were supposed to be in God's plan--their normal location. The latter word only appears twice in the NT, and it is not used of Christ.

7. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just ran out of time--the wife is picking me up. But maybe I can get to this in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep in mind the key word in my first post was, concept. Not that it is the same word. BTW thanks for reply.

9. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All said, unless anyone is born again they cannot see the kingdom. That in itself rules our Pharisees and their physical kingdom. The result of their blindness God inflicted on them through literalism. I see the kingdom clearly and rejoice in it every day. I don't look for a kingdom of sight, my kingdom is of faith. And whatever is not of faith is sin.

10. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    But he proved to the spiritually enlightened, the Pharisee's millennial kingdom is false. Based on the blindness God inflicted on them through forced literalism.

11. Scripture More Accurately

Scripture More Accurately Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is a complicated study. I am fully confident that any position that says that the kingdom of God is only spiritual is categorically wrong and does not accurately reflect the teaching of Scripture.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The safest way is to just take Christ at His word without spritualizing or rationalizing what He said.

13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I understand "afterwards", and what was to come. My question is in regard to Christ coming to reign differently for a millennium and then the judgment.

I do not understand the actual purpose.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, they were. This is the position I hold. But it does not make it correct (either the early church or me holding it). My point is that the early church was historic pre-mil without sacrificing the kingdom of God on earth during their time.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where was that? Could you provide such passages?

16. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why it is hard to grasp is...it requires many strange concepts. Everything that existed in the first century has to be rebuilt..
    another temple, animal sacrifices, another antichrist, another destruction of Jerusalem, as if Jerusalem were still the holy place?? rebuilt Roman empire?

Then we have this idea of saved and unsaved, some glorified, some not glorified, living on earth...while the glorified Lord is in a physical temple

So the risen Glorified Christ is sitting, reigning in Jerusalem.

Do regular people still go to work? The creator of all things is here on earth.
    So rather than going to be a janitor and sweep the gym at the local High School, that janitor would not want to go see his creator?

Would all the church members defile the lord's day, with Jesus ruling with a rod of Iron? Would they skip worship to watch the NFL?

Would preaching continue while Jesus is here on earth?

No premill person answers these kind of questions, because it is absurd.

John fell at Jesus as a dead man.
    17 When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man

He had seen the risen Christ, yet when he saw the glorified Lord he fell at as a dead man.So we are to believe it will be business as usual?

• Like Like x 2
  17. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um, yes, you do. Example:

Dispensationalists chop the scriptures to pieces.

18. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm born again. Have been for 65 years. I'm in the kingdom. And I wait for the other kingdom.

19. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Um, yeah, that's not real theology. Simply your opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As it turns out, I have some time before church.

The Hebrew word for "substance" in Ps. 139:15 is one's physical stature--the bones, in particular. In v. 16 here is no new word (in italics in the KJV), but it is simply referring back to the word in v. 15.

So, the physical form of Jesus in the incarnation was prophesied. Then His body took its resurrected form, and that is what it is now.

God bless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.