1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

NBA champs

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AV1611Preacher, Apr 20, 2005.

?
  1. Detroit

25.0%
  2. Chicago

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Indiana

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Boston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Philly

3.6%
  6. New Jersey

7.1%
  7. Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Washington

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Seattle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Denver

7.1%
  11. Phoenix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Sacramento

32.1%
  13. San Antonio

21.4%
  14. Dallas

3.6%
  15. Houston

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Memphis

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations to the Pistons on their win in game 3. [​IMG]

Hopefully the Spurs have gotten the poor free throw shooting and turnovers out of their system with this game and will get focused again and take care of business in
    game 4. [​IMG]

I am still confident that the Spurs will win the series in 6 games. But there is the possibility that this could be a series where each team holds serve on its home court, especially since basketball is the most home-court-advantage sport there is. In case that happens, I will be very glad that the Spurs have home court advantage in this series. [​IMG]

Enjoy the Pistons' victory tonight, Pistons fans. [​IMG]

2. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

After three blow out wins, I can't imagine the rest of the games to go this way. They should be much closer. Where was all that energy Detroit had last night in the first two games?

Perhaps the long series against Miami tired them out and they are now getting their wind back.

It Detroit wins two more at home this could go 7 games, that would be a great finals no matter who wins!

Of course, I would like the Pistons to win!

3. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

"Thanks Ken very humble of you. I would like to welcome the pistons to the finals. Glad they finally showed up. Hopefully not too late, but it ain't looking good.

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I have maintained all along that Detroit should not be to worried about being down 0-2 - now they are only one game back after playing a great game. It is interesting that when one of teams gets up in the game the other team becomes totally deflated- and essentially gives up.Dont know if that will continue - but I look for detroit to win again tonight setting up a very interesting game 5. I saw in the paper today that Duncan said that tuesday night was his last bad game - I hope so. This one may turn out to be a pretty good series after all

GO SPURS!

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It looks pretty clear at this point in the evening that Detroit will win game 4.

[​IMG]

I am very impressed with Detroit being able to get off the mat and stage a
    comeback. [​IMG]

It's rather sad that the TV ratings are down about a third from last year. The NBA has apparently lost a lot of ground since Michael Jordan retired when it comes to national prominence. If the lockout starts on July 1 and lasts into next season, the NBA could end up being ignored almost as much as the NHL is.

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Detroit has been impressive. The Detroit fans should be back in from the ledge and ready for a great series.

7. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Blowouts seem to be the norm in these finals. How long is this gonna last! Maybe the Spurs will show up to play game 5 and it will acutally be a hard fought game. They seemed dead out there last night.

If Detroit keeps playing this way, I am starting to believe they will repeat.

DEEEEETROIT BAAASKETTBAALLL!

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It looks like if one team can actually win on the other team's court that they will win the series. If home court blowouts continue, the the Spurs will win the series. The NBA analysts keep expecting a close game and it keeps on not happening.

I don't think there has ever been an NBA finals where each game has been a blowout. This sure isn't helping the NBA's plummeting TV ratings any.

9. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Thought it was a geat game for the pistons. That is what got them where their at. I was able to move up at the Palace till I was 4 rows off the floor behind the Spurs bench and scoring table.
    Tim was having a hard time. He was doing alot of talking to the refs, I was surprised but didn't blame him. Ben did whack him a few times very hard and got away with it. On the other hand Genobli seems destine to be the NBA's next superstar as he got calls that were imaginary. He has run into the middle so many times the last few games, and the pistons could not have been planted any better if they had roots growing to the floor, and still he gets the call or it is a no call.
    Just my observations from the game. I think Tim was frustrated by the refing and it afffected his game.

Now it seems like role reversal. I haven't seen the spurs play that bad since the playoffs started. Pistons started downhill after the firs game of the Heat and I thought they were not going to get back up.
    Piston, if they win this next game will have a very big hill to climb going to SA. They have been very disappionting at times. Playing like the worst team in the league at times then coming back and kicking the crap out one of the best. However past experience shows that the Pistons manage to do best when their backs are up agains the wall. I am just afraid with this SA team that they might not be so lucky.
    I know I am softening up my tone a bit but I have grown to like the spurs a bit. I think they also are not given their due respect. I mean you really don't hear much bout duncan let alone the other players. Hence the drop in veiwing audiance.
    Maybe what would be nice would to let these two play on a nuetrol court with no fans or evenly divided fans and see what happens because they do match up quite well.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like you ended up with great seats, Tim, and a good time to boot. [​IMG]

11. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

The Spurs def looked bad last night.

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Spurs win game 5. Sweet.

Now we'll see if Detroit can win for the first in San Antonio since 1997 and, if they do, then win again. [​IMG]

13. Timtoolman

Timtoolman New Member

Yep, congrads to your spurs, they want it more it seems.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Tim.

I guess the NBA finally got what it wanted - a close, exciting game.

15. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

Unbelievable! Shades of the old Boston Celtics!
    The Spurs are the leagues best at snatching defeat out of victory. It will probably go to game 7; the Spurs have to take the hard way. Can't believe Steve Kerr pegged it right so far.
    WallyGator

16. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Spurs won - but Duncan was horrible. If you look at his numbers you would think he had a good game - but he was AWFUL in the 4th and OT. He could have won the game with a tip in, but I think he was afraid he would get hacked abd have to shoot free throws!

Can you believe that Wallace did not defend Horry? After draining all those threes in the game you would have thought that he would be on him like glue. Instead the Spurs escape - we will see what happens tomorrow night. Detroit needs to play like they did in game 4 to have a chance against a home Spurs team - Detroit is terrible against the spurs in san antonio though.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

It says a lot about a team when its best player is horrible and they still win on the road.

18. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Absolutely, my contention to Tim early in the playoffs was the detroit had not faced a team as deep as the spurs. As good as miami was, they were essentially a two man team.

but I have to give detroit some praise - they could have quite after being down 2 zip but came back and made it an interesting playoff. The spurs fan in me wants the spurs to take it tonight - the bball fan in me want a seventh game - after that its just baseball for a couple of months!

19. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

that is they could have quit after being down 2 zip (some day I will proof read before I hit send)

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations to the Pistons on winning a very, very big game 6.

[​IMG]

I am afraid that in game 7 that home court advantage will mean nothing. The Spurs had a chance to put Detroit away and they failed to execute down the stretch, shot free throws poorly in this game, and turned the ball over way too much compared to Detroit.

If I had to predict who will win game 7, I would have to say Detroit. :( I hope I am wrong.