• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Need help finding web sites for SBC and IFB colleges & seminaries.

EdSutton

New Member
I don't know how to do 'links' but merely type the name into a "search engine." All kinds of stuff will come up, usually fairly well understandable with one or two looks.
Ed
 

Tom Butler

New Member
Here's one:

http:www.midcontinent.edu

Mid-Continent University, Mayfield, Kentucky.
A Southern Baptist institution, but not an arm of either the SBC or Kentucky Baptist Convention.
A Google search will turn up additional information besides the website.
 

Rhetorician

Administrator
Administrator
POB,

Not to mind you business; but, I would like to know why you need what I am "fixin" to give you if you don't mind?

Go to the link below and you can find most all of the SBC colleges affiliated with the ASBCS:

http://www.baptistschools.org/

I hope this helps.

sdg!

rd
 

Rhetorician

Administrator
Administrator
POB,

I did not see that Martin had supplied a link to the Baptist colleges above. Sorry for the oversight. The page I furnished, however, will give a bit of a different perspective, especially when it comes to how the schools are organized into a unit for educational purposes.

sdg!

rd
 

Plain Old Bill

New Member
I am interested in studying the faculty educational backgrounds of these schools.I have found only two of the SBC seminaries that put that info in thier catalog.

Of the two SBC seminaries that have provided info I find that the inbreeding is not within a seminary itself but within the 6 SBC seminaries which I believe is equivelant.Of course I need to gather more data.

I also checked out Moody a school often recommended very highly on this board and found on thier faculty folks with degrees from BJU,Covington,LBU,& a couple of other schools that are not a part of the elite school list.

What I am looking for is to see if the elites inbreed as much as I think they do and then declare themselves to be the elite which tends to work because of two factors; one being denominational backing,the second the good old boy system,
 

Plain Old Bill

New Member
In addition I am trying to see where the Calvinism and liberalism is comming from in these schools.

I have noticed some of these gentlemen have recieved some of thier education at Ivey League schools ,definitely liberal and some have recieved parts of thier education from some othewr well known liberal schools.
 

FBCPastorsWife

New Member
Here is a list of IFB colleges and their links from the Sword of the Lord website...

Southeastern Fundamental Baptist Seminary
www.sfbs.us

Bethany Bible College & Theological Seminary
www.bethanybc.edu

International Baptist College
www.tri-citybaptist.org

West Coast Baptist College
www.westcoastbaptist.edu

Golden State Baptist College
www.gsbc.edu

Landmark Baptist College
www.landmarkbaptistchurch.org/college

Trinity Baptist College
www.tbc.edu

Pensacola Christian College
www.pcci.edu

Hyles-Anderson College
www.hylesanderson.com

Baptist College of America
www.bca.edu

Shawnee Baptist College
www.shawneebaptist.org

Maryland Baptist Bible College
http://www.mbcmin.org/mbbc/index.htm

Midwestern Baptist College
www.midwesternbaptistcollege.com

Mountain States Baptist College
www.montana.com/fairview/MSBC.htlm

Ambassador Baptist College
www.ambassadors.edu

Master’s Baptist College
www.mastersbaptistcollege.com

Genesee Valley Baptist Institute & Seminary
www.gvbis.org

Massillon Baptist College
www.mbcaf.org

Biblical School of World Evangelism
www.bswe.org

Bethel Baptist Institute
www.thechurchontherise.com

Heartland Baptist Bible College
www.heartlandbaptist.edu

Northeast Baptist School of Theology
www.nebaptist.org

Faith Baptist School of Theology
www.csonline.net/fbbc

Crown College
www.go4thecrown.com

Tabernacle Baptist Theological Seminary
www.tabernacle-vb.org

FaithWay Baptist College of Canada
www.faithway.org
 

Rhetorician

Administrator
Administrator
POB,

I have been quite familiar with all of the SBC Seminaries in the past. All of the profs credentials should be there. You may have "to surf" and go layers deep into the site but all should be there.

Keep trying!

sdg!

rd
 

Rhetorician

Administrator
Administrator
POB,

Did I understand you correctly that; if an SBC seminary has scholars from inside the "Big Six" you consider that to be "inbreeding?"

If that is what you meant, can you defend it please?

sdg!

rd
 

Plain Old Bill

New Member
Rhet,
I only mentioned that was my suspicion and am not prepared to state it as fact.But here is my perception so far:

These guys all go to the same six to ten schools to get thier education and credentials and then go to teach in the same group of 6 to ten schools they graduated from. This is not necessarily bad it's just what it appears to be.Then of course they all promote these same six to ten schools which leaves them pretty tightly knit.

The only time this is harmful is when they exclude other schools outside of thier circle as being less than valid because it is outside of thier circle.
 

NateT

Member
The hard part seems to be acurately looking at where degrees are from. I just opened my SBTS catalog and noticed in the school of theology, about 90% were from SBTS. But then when I actually started looking, I noticed that it wasn't how it first appeared. We had people from Cambridge, Princeton (2 or 3), Trinity, Mid-America, Baylor, Hebrew Union, Chicago and others, but that is just a survey.

My point is, at first glance it looked like there were a ton of SBTS alum, and there are definitely plenty of SBTS alum, but there are also plenty of other diverse schools around as well.

ETA: I just did a detailed count of the School of Theology at SBTS for 2004-2005 (the year I entered.) Of the 37 professors at that time, 12 had their final degree (PhD or DMin) from SBTS. Another 3 or so were from SWBTS, but not even half of the profs were from either SBTS or any SBC Seminary. However, when I first started looking, it looked like everybody was from here.
 
Top