1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Postincarnate Christ

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by asterisktom, Aug 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Somehow I overlooked this post. Sorry about that. I will need to get back to this when I again have more time. But for now I give a partial answer and that is that God uses imagery that is not intended to be understand exactly, but is a concession to our limited perception. For instance we read that hypocritical worshippers are a "stench in the nostrils of God", or God referred to as having ears or eyes, or Jesus saying "I am the door of the sheep".

2. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would have to read it, for either wouldn't I?
    MB

3. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would say it is best to look first for information. None of us have all the answers and we need each other to bounce ideas off, iron sharpening iron. That goes for me as well.

4. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is the crux of the matter, for if Christ is no more flesh, then Christ is no more the Son of God, by definition.

If you cannot see BIRTH as the causation of Son, then yeah, I can't do anything past that.

5. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I showed you how you your definition was not correct. But, oh well, no point continuing this with you.

6. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    *t, if the premise is that being human is not about the body but about the spirit, then I concur without argument, as it, and not our opposable thumbs, is what distinguishes us from beasts. Man alone was made in the image of God.

If the premise is that we need no bodies whatsoever to fully enjoy our humanity, then I object, but only because the Bible describes us with much different bodies enjoying a new, enriched creation, all of a physics we can only very poorly imagine.

• Like Like x 1
  7. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not say that we will have no bodies. They will be changed, glorified and, according to 1 Cor 15, like Christ's, not physical. The purpose is for us not merely to fully enjoy our humanity, but to fully enjoy Him.

See my post number 97.

#127 asterisktom, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  8. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    But one cannot fully enjoy his humanity without fully enjoying God. (How does post #97 relate?)

9. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saying not this creation, not this physics, is not the same as saying no creation, no physics at all, which is what you seem to be saying, but with no need.

While I'm at it, I might as well muddy the waters by mentioning that I do not agree with those that say angels must be bodiless. I only agree that they are not bound by our physics, our dimensions.

Also, *t, I don't think you are saying otherwise, but I think it should be noted that Christians are not said to be destined to be like God in being omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent.

10. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul gave us the definition of a resurrected body. It is incorruptible.

The immortal body is the glorified body.

All OT believers and those dead in Christ over the last 1990 years have been raised in Christ and given incorruptible bodies. These bodies are in Paradise, and the thief on the cross, went that day. Jesus and the OT saints ascended on Sunday afternoon.

The glorified body will be given at the Second Coming when the church is presented as whole with those alive on earth given an incorruptible and glorified body instantly. Those incorruptible bodies of those dead in Christ will be brought down in Paradise as well. We will oversee with God on the throne the final harvest of all Adam's descendants in their physical corrupt flesh and blood bodies. By Armageddon all flesh and blood will die the first death. The next day, some will be raised to incorruptible bodies and live on earth in righteousness forever. The rest to eternal damnation in Death, until the GWT. Then all the dead will be cast into the lake of fire.

There is only one general resurrection of OT believers. One general resurrection of the final harvest. The church since the Cross has had an ongoing physical resurrection for 1990 years. This can only be the case since all are in Christ. Christ was bodily raised, and the church in Christ is bodily raised with incorruptible bodies.

They did not have to wait, nor do the OT believers have to wait for the living. Stating resurrection any other way is against God’s Word that the living cannot prevent this ongoing resurrection. Not even with theology or doctrine that has kept them bodily dead for 6000 years. John says the first resurrection in Revelation 20 is not for the church. That is the only general resurrection in Revelation, because John never records a bodily resurrection of the church. The church is bodily in Paradise under the alter (Atonement completed). The church is only waiting for the Second Coming when all the church as one is glorified. That is the 6th seal. The 6th seal is the Second Coming. Then the harvest. Then the Millennium. That is the only logical and Scriptural time frame for the church.

This can only be true as Paul states there is constantly a great crowd of witnesses watching our every move. Not just the form of a soul. But yet all are still awaiting their glorified bodies, when the church is complete. All are waiting for the 4th, 5th, and 6th seal to be opened. It could happen at any moment.

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six hour Warning

This thread will be closed no sooner than 5 am EDT / 2 am PD

12. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist