• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Posting Room For Doctrine of Grace Believers Only

Earth Wind and Fire

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Ive grown very tired of the constant bickering between the varied theological fractions & so would like to purpose a separate room for DoG Believers only? Could that be implemented? :)
 

Ruiz

New Member
Ive grown very tired of the constant bickering between the varied theological fractions & so would like to purpose a separate room for DoG Believers only? Could that be implemented? :)

If you want a forum where only Reformed Baptists could discuss their theology, I am all for it. However, I doubt that would limit others from engaging in our conversations (the fundamental baptist portion of this forum is a prime example). If you are advocating a place where we can only discuss issues and not engage in other parts of the forum, I am against this type of segregation.
 

Earth Wind and Fire

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
If you want a forum where only Reformed Baptists could discuss their theology, I am all for it. However, I doubt that would limit others from engaging in our conversations (the fundamental baptist portion of this forum is a prime example). If you are advocating a place where we can only discuss issues and not engage in other parts of the forum, I am against this type of segregation.

I am advocating your 1st suggestion....unencumbered by criticisms. See Im trying to learn more about reformed theology & what I dont want or like is constant criticism while im learning....obviously they would have to police it, correct.
 

God's_Servant

New Member
Ive grown very tired of the constant bickering between the varied theological fractions & so would like to purpose a separate room for DoG Believers only? Could that be implemented? :)
If you are completely Reformed you could try Puritan Board... just sayin.
 

Ruiz

New Member
If you are completely Reformed you could try Puritan Board... just sayin.

The Puritan Board is a hodge-podge in the reformed camp. I belong to their website, but rarely participate. However, you get a mixture of reformed thought from a variety of perspectives.

To belong to that board you must be reformed.
 

HankD

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Right off there would be a problem as to who is DoG believer.

We all believe that we are saved by grace through faith.

What would be the criteria? Full TULIP? 4 points? 4.5 points?

What about those who support supralapsarianism, antelapsarianism vs. infralapsarianism,sublapsarianism, postlapsarianism along with some other issues.

How about the mugwumps like myself who are undecided?

To limit it to "DoG believers" one would have to set doctrinal boundaries of inclusion/exclusion.

What might they be?

Assuming of course that those in charge would allow the limitations.

Thanks
HankD
 

Earth Wind and Fire

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
Right off there would be a problem as to who is DoG believer.

We all believe that we are saved by grace through faith.

What would be the criteria? Full TULIP? 4 points? 4.5 points?

What about those who support supralapsarianism, antelapsarianism vs. infralapsarianism,sublapsarianism, postlapsarianism along with some other issues.

How about the mugwumps like myself who are undecided?

To limit it to "DoG believers" one would have to set doctrinal boundaries of inclusion/exclusion.

What might they be?

Assuming of course that those in charge would allow the limitations.

Thanks
HankD

Making this too complicated....anyone that is Calvinistic has the in & who ever is a Non- Calvie stays out. & if they come in to make trouble then they get tossed.
 

Mexdeaf

New Member
I would not be for it. Reading the arguments for/against DoG has sharpened my theology.

What I would be for is less bitterness and rancor on both sides. When we get to Theology 101 in Heaven I expect that we will find that both sides were equally wrong on some things and on others points we were closer than we thought.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ruiz

New Member
I would not be for it. Reading the arguments for/against DoG has sharpened my theology.

I don't think we are arguing to completely segregate people, but we are arguing that there be a place where they can talk about reformed theology without being attacked by non-reformed believers.
 

Mexdeaf

New Member
In that case, perhaps we would be better off ignoring the 'rabble-rouses' instead of reacting to everything they say. Of course there are 'rabble-rouses' on both sides- I have even fallen into that category a time or thirty.
 

Ruiz

New Member
In that case, perhaps we would be better off ignoring the 'rabble-rouses' instead of reacting to everything they say. Of course there are 'rabble-rouses' on both sides- I have even fallen into that category a time or thirty.

I love honesty... and if I were without sin I could cast the first stone. Isn't grace glorious?
 

NaasPreacher (C4K)

Well-Known Member
Making this too complicated....anyone that is Calvinistic has the in & who ever is a Non- Calvie stays out. & if they come in to make trouble then they get tossed.

If this comes to a vote in the admin council I would vote a resounding no. If we can't discuss our beliefs and differences in Christian love we have much more serious issues to deal with.
 
I am all for this!!


That way I can sit back
4.gif
and watch y'all pound the daylights outta each other
3.gif
, and I would not have to write one single word
2.gif
....:laugh: j/k
 
If this comes to a vote in the admin council I would vote a resounding no. If we can't discuss our beliefs and differences in Christian love we have much more serious issues to deal with.

I say give them this. I honestly think there is nothing wrong with them having their own forum. But this will not produce harmony amongst them. Even in reformed theology, they have their differing views. Some are amil and some are pre-, mid-, or post-mil.


But I would vote yes, if I could.
 
Top