• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Posting Room For Doctrine of Grace Believers Only

JesusFan

Well-Known Member
I disagree - I stay out of this squabble on purpose and I see equal hatred, ugliness, vitriol, and ungodliness posted by both sides of this fight. Both sides, of course, think that the other side is worse.

agree to a point with you on that, as we all tend to see our side as the one "best" reflecting "proper" biblcal theology!

Think that we can ask for both sides of this dispute/discussion to just keep it 'civil"... as iron sharpens iron, by that is a natural result, just no need to have additional "fire" to it!
 

quantumfaith

Active Member
I disagree - I stay out of this squabble on purpose and I see equal hatred, ugliness, vitriol, and ungodliness posted by both sides of this fight. Both sides, of course, think that the other side is worse.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
 

drfuss

New Member
We have forums for Baptists only and a forum for Other Christians Denominations. I have seen Baptists continually bomb the Other Christian Denominations threads with what Baptist believe; so why would you expect non-Calvinists not to bomb a Calvinist-only thread with what Non-Calvinists believe?

I remember two threads in particular awhile back that was on the difference between a Chrsitian forfeiting his salvation and a Christian losing his salvation. It could have been very educational. Neither thread could get going because the Baptist eternal security Christians keep bombing it.

You should expect the same type of treatment on a Calvinists-only forum.
 

matt wade

Well-Known Member
You should expect the same type of treatment on a Calvinists-only forum.

You are correct. I for one will "bomb" the forum as long as it doesn't break forum rules. The leader of the Calvinists on this board has told us that we are to speak out against false doctrine whenever we find it. If there is a forum full of false doctrine, I'll speak out against it.
 

Earth Wind and Fire

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
You are correct. I for one will "bomb" the forum as long as it doesn't break forum rules. The leader of the Calvinists on this board has told us that we are to speak out against false doctrine whenever we find it. If there is a forum full of false doctrine, I'll speak out against it.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: There are plenty of IFB ones!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Earth Wind and Fire

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
We have forums for Baptists only and a forum for Other Christians Denominations. I have seen Baptists continually bomb the Other Christian Denominations threads with what Baptist believe; so why would you expect non-Calvinists not to bomb a Calvinist-only thread with what Non-Calvinists believe?

I remember two threads in particular awhile back that was on the difference between a Chrsitian forfeiting his salvation and a Christian losing his salvation. It could have been very educational. Neither thread could get going because the Baptist eternal security Christians keep bombing it.

You should expect the same type of treatment on a Calvinists-only forum.

Since your such an accomplished debater Dufuss, I will have to remember that comment. Perhaps I will return the favor......ROFL! We will have some fun.....yes sir! :laugh:
 

webdog

Active Member
Site Supporter
you mean, start our own.....then we could get away from the contentious bickering..... I like that Idea better actually.

Are you serious? I just got done reading a Ron Paul thread where you guys are tearing each other up!

Could it possibly be the non cal is not the problem? ;)
 

JesusFan

Well-Known Member
You are correct. I for one will "bomb" the forum as long as it doesn't break forum rules. The leader of the Calvinists on this board has told us that we are to speak out against false doctrine whenever we find it. If there is a forum full of false doctrine, I'll speak out against it.

You HAVE to realise that the differences between Cal and Arms.Non cals Is NOT fighting over what you term "false doctrines", as in 1 side is fully biblical right, while other side is fully wrong...

Saved persons by Grace of God on both sides of the ledger, and what is ironic on this is that Non cals are saved by Cal, same way we all are, even though they refuse to see it that way!

lets remember that we can discuss this as matters of intretretation, its NOT liek the NOn cals are Christian, while we cals are mormons/JW!
 

matt wade

Well-Known Member
You HAVE to realise that the differences between Cal and Arms.Non cals Is NOT fighting over what you term "false doctrines", as in 1 side is fully biblical right, while other side is fully wrong...

Saved persons by Grace of God on both sides of the ledger, and what is ironic on this is that Non cals are saved by Cal, same way we all are, even though they refuse to see it that way!

lets remember that we can discuss this as matters of intretretation, its NOT liek the NOn cals are Christian, while we cals are mormons/JW!

If English isn't your first language, then you are excused. Otherwise, you seriously need to brush up on your typing skills. Your posts are barely legible.

I believe Calvinism is heresy and is biblically wrong. I will speak out against it.
 

JesusFan

Well-Known Member
If English isn't your first language, then you are excused. Otherwise, you seriously need to brush up on your typing skills. Your posts are barely legible.

I believe Calvinism is heresy and is biblically wrong. I will speak out against it.

again, calvinism is just one of many different systems to approach studying the Bible...

IF you want to go "bomb" all of us cals that would post here on the BB, would you like it if we in turn went "nuke" on all Non cals?

is either of those responses Christlike?
 

matt wade

Well-Known Member
again, calvinism is just one of many different systems to approach studying the Bible...

IF you want to go "bomb" all of us cals that would post here on the BB, would you like it if we in turn went "nuke" on all Non cals?

is either of those responses Christlike?

Luke2427 has been "nuking" this forum for months.

You are also a very confused person. Out of one side of your mouth you say "calvinism is just one of many different systems to approach studying the Bible" and out of the other you say "what is ironic on this is that Non cals are saved by Cal".

So, what is Calvinism, a system to study the Bible (I think Luke2427 would disagree with you on this) or is Calvinism what saves us (as your quote says)?
 

JesusFan

Well-Known Member
Luke2427 has been "nuking" this forum for months.

Would say that Luke would be more ardent supporter of Cal theology, but that would just show that we all are in the same camp, just seoerate rooms!{/quote]



You are also a very confused person. Out of one side of your mouth you say "calvinism is just one of many different systems to approach studying the Bible" and out of the other you say "what is ironic on this is that Non cals are saved by Cal".

Not confused, but can see where the confusion came from as I worded this badly, as should have been that it was ironic that God saves any of us same way, as the way that we Cals see it, so even though Non cals would ne adament against the method of Grace we say God uses, theyare saved by that which they protest against so much!

So, what is Calvinism, a system to study the Bible (I think Luke2427 would disagree with you on this) or is Calvinism what saves us (as your quote says)?

It is a way to approach study of the scriptures, a system of trying to provide a framework for anaylsis of the totality of the scriptures...

What saves us is the Cross of Christ, and God saving us through it as explained by DoG!
 

Thousand Hills

Active Member
Ive grown very tired of the constant bickering between the varied theological fractions & so would like to purpose a separate room for DoG Believers only? Could that be implemented? :)

Can we have a subforum or sticky page about beard grooming? :laugh:
 
Top