1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured PSA as defined in "Pierced for My Trangressions"

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonC, May 24, 2020.

1. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. He died (in the understanding of Caiaphas) in the place of the nation.
    I agree again. Jesus suffered and died so that they would not perish. Penal substitution.
    It means, of course, exactly that. The Israel in question is not the Israel of Caiaphas, but the Israel above, the Israel of God.
    Your problem is that you are so wedded to your system that you cannot see the truth. Not particularly John 11:49ff, which I only mentioned as a sort of drive-by shooting to show that huper can, and often does, have the meaning of 'in the place of' or 'instead of,' but generally.

When, in post #28, @George Antonios offered you Scripture, you simply ignored it. When he chided you for ignoring it (post #31)you wrote:

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure you understand PSA. What makes it a false doctrine is not in its affirmation that Christ died so that we would live. What makes the Theory a false doctrine is it holds God punished Jesus instead of punishing us. As you well know this is not in the text if Scripture itself.

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 2:5

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does God judge sin and sinners, and has wrath towards them?