1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Requesting elder authority/support regarding street evangelism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Given what Evan has told us about this church it looks to be one of the liberal churches in Denver he goes on about.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Lord Jesus worked with His 12, and all of the Apsotles worked in groups, so wy not try t bilical method ra change?

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our Brother really needs to take don time rigt now, and heal his relationship betwee his former wife and himself, and also really liston to how/aGod is telling hin, by listening to His spiritual e!

4. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, no. In his 'I'm Taking the Spiritual Lead in My Family' thread he said where he'd found refuge was at "a certain Reformed Baptist Church in the area with a biblical view on soteriology and church government."

http://www.baptistboard.com/threads...-lead-in-my-family.100935/page-6#post-2249505

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you type in Olde English King James Version 1611 style?

6. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I quoted him saying that one of the teachers has been divorced 3 times. The fact that they let him be a teacher after 3 failed marriages shows that they have some liberal views. They just happen to correspond with Evans liberal views on divorce so he doesn't have a problem with them. But the Bible is clear on the qualifications for being a leader in a church and a man who has been divorced 3 times fails in more than one area, and Evan is violating Matt 9 by looking to get remarried when he did not have a Biblical reason for his divorce. He is looking to commit adultery. What his church allows does not change the clear teaching of Scripture in Matt 9.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can't see a good reason to try to continue a street ministry in this period of life.

A divorce (even for the person who chooses to initiate) is one of the most stressful things a person can experience.

By all means, I implore the OP to take a break for a while to let the dust settle. Back off the street preaching and the dating apps and try to find some sort of personal restoration/growth. Working 60 hours a week plus the street evangelism is a lot to swallow after a divorce.

Who knows? Maybe this could lead to reconciliation with the ex-wife.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The revised 1611 version!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can a ma be a leader if he canot run his own househld godly fashion thoug?And being divorced does not mean God cannot use our Brother, but he really needs to take time to sortout hisfailed marriage and his walk with the Lord!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not think one should stop serving the Lord because difficulties come in their life. That is the last thing anyone should ever do. Especially witnessing about our Lord and Savior.

12. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why it's better to go two by two which is what I do presently.

13. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right now that option is closed.

14. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For once we agree

15. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yeshua - I wonder if Evan will listen to you in this. I know he said that he listens to you but I wonder if he will this time since you are speaking against what he desires to do. I agree that he needs to work on some things in himself because of his clear and unrepentant sin and a heart that is rebellious towards God needs restoration. What makes me sad is the idea that he will be out there bringing the law when he is a clear breaker of that same law that he preaches and should it be made known to anyone he speaks to, he will make a mockery of Christianity and the gospel of Jesus Christ. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    While i agree with what you say about *Difficulties*, i would have to say that when someone is in Blatant unrepentant sin they must stop *service* and get back to worshiping at the Master's feet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This seems to be an issue in many churches, not only with the sin of adultery but with sin in general. It is not difficult to find "watered down" versions of the gospel message which would exclude Ephesians 2:10. We are saved for good works that God prepared before hand that we should walk in them. So there is a purpose to our salvation and it is not centered on us, or our desires, but on God and His glory. We glorify God through obedience, and it is through obedience that our love for God is shown.

Churches have not consistently exercised church discipline and Christians have not consistently killed sin in their own lives.

18. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    John, could I send you a private message and ask you some questions that I'd rather not ask on the open boards to help me better understand everything you are going through?

If that's not cool with you, just tell me no and I won't take offense at that.

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I agree. I was told (by unbelievers) that it is very unChrist-like to practice church discipline. You know, the whole "judge not" thing. Of course when I fully explained it, it was still horrible that we did it. I did mention priests in the Catholic church and that kind of shut them up but still!!

We just recently had to go through a couple of church discipline times and it is SOOO hard to do and it is not done before a LOT is done to counsel/lead/plead with the person beforehand and a boatload of prayer. But if Evan were a member of my church and he was doing what he is doing, it would be very clear the steps that would need to be taken. :(

20. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not once have I stated to anyone that I talk with or open air too that I am innocent of sin or breaking the 10 commandments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.