• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The KJV is all I understand

rockytopva

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
The KJV is all I understand - Thank the Free Will Baptist for that. They would take me out to eat as a teenager after church, and before I left they presented me with a KJV Open Bible signed by the membership. I would read that bible seven times over with the help of the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. I am afraid the KJV Bible is all I will ever own.
 

Salty

20,000 Posts Club
Administrator
Rocky,
Are you afraid that if you were to read 2 or 3 different MV - ( especially study Bibles) you might like them and learn even more?
And if that were to happen - would you feel you betrayed the FWB?

(Note: I have pastored a FWB church several years ago)
 

rockytopva

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
If I am the only one on the planet that still reads and studies the KJV that is alright with me. I know of the saints it has produced in earlier generations. And... Also a lack of saints in the current generation. Too many people are being told... "That's alright honey!" My sister raised a nephew on that kind of talk and the results were a total mess!
 

Salty

20,000 Posts Club
Administrator
If I am the only one on the planet that still reads and studies the KJV that is alright with me. I know of the saints it has produced in earlier generations. And... Also a lack of saints in the current generation. Too many people are being told... "That's alright honey!" My sister raised a nephew on that kind of talk and the results were a total mess!
Rocky -
NO one is saying it is wrong to study the KJV -
But as the saying goes - Why have hamburger when you can have steak!
You might be surprised if you were to use some MV study Bibles!

BTW, Rocky, would love to have your answer to my question in post # 3
 

rockytopva

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
When I sat and listened to a preacher preach from the KJV I always believed what they had to say. Now when i listen to a sermon preached from other versions I find myself worrying that something is off the mark here. And I also consider the non KJV version sermon very dry. It is like... My gosh how boring and lifeless! Am I caffenated enough for all of this?
 

Reynolds

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
The KJV is all I understand - Thank the Free Will Baptist for that. They would take me out to eat as a teenager after church, and before I left they presented me with a KJV Open Bible signed by the membership. I would read that bible seven times over with the help of the Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. I am afraid the KJV Bible is all I will ever own.
Have you read a modern version you could not comprehend?
 

Reynolds

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
When I sat and listened to a preacher preach from the KJV I always believed what they had to say. Now when i listen to a sermon preached from other versions I find myself worrying that something is off the mark here. And I also consider the non KJV version sermon very dry. It is like... My gosh how boring and lifeless! Am I caffenated enough for all of this?
Some of the craziest, most theologically in the ditch, teaching I have ever heard was preached using KJV.
 

Reynolds

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
If I am the only one on the planet that still reads and studies the KJV that is alright with me. I know of the saints it has produced in earlier generations. And... Also a lack of saints in the current generation. Too many people are being told... "That's alright honey!" My sister raised a nephew on that kind of talk and the results were a total mess!
I know. Jesus preached out of the 1611, so we should use it too.
 

rockytopva

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
With all the activities going on in America these days I am thankful for the first amendment where we do not have to go along with everything is that going on.
 
Last edited:
Top