1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Winepress of the Wrath of God.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    agedman,

I knew you would

Many do not agree with you . The Covenant making and Covenant keeping God has indeed dealt with the sheep by Covenant.
    The death on the cross was clearly a Covenant arraingement.

not sure what you are thinking about with this...
    Jesus was not a suicide ....
    23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Yes He did
    [QUOTE]it was not taken from Him by the events,[/QUOTE]

it was......".ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:"
    It was not the amount of blood.....it was what it accomplished.

He accomplished the Covenant death, and Redemption on behalf of the elect the Father had given to Him.
    It was actual...not potential....it was for the elect alone.
    No...the twelve stones on the breastplate of the High Priest represented who he interceded for.

No...Jesus bought the rights to all men, but the design was never to save all.
    17 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Apart from the Covenant between the Father and the Son it would not help us.

You repeat this, but divorced from the Covenant promise it does not mean what the terms of the Covenant demand.....all the promises.

Everyone limits the atonement....everybody except reprobate universalists.
    Blood sacrifice is all through the bible:
    20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Blood was shed for all who will believe before the White Throne judgment...not for unbelievers.....they do not want the blood, or the Mediator...they perish in their sins...plural

I do not agree at all....the only reason any believe is the Covenant....without which no one would ever believe.,

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think it is apostate Jerusalem in the first century:
    8 And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.

14 And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.

15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.

16 And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God does not love everybody.

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Robert William

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus said I lay down my life for the sheep, there are those who are not His sheep and He didn't Atone for them.
    Sadly most preachers teach that Christ Atoned for the sins of ALL humans, they don't realize they are teaching universal salvation which is not scriptural.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF Jesus death provided all to have their sins atoned for, and are reconciled back to God, why are they still lost in hell?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see that as the world system to be toppled at time oif the Second Coming of Christ