1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Video: Why James White Is Sick of The Calvinist Club

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Humble Disciple, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Many just refuse to accept that Calvinism, at least in regards to proper Sotierology, was well into the early Church!

2. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you seriously saying you don't know what "woke" means?:Cautious

3. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I recommend that you have a watch of these to understand Social Justice/CRT/Woke.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, that is why you do not address questions like why is it hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom, when according to the fiction of irresistible grace, it would not be hard.

5. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A) James White sick of proud Calvinists when most non-Calvinists prefer dealing with other Calvinists than James White precisely because of that problem...
    B) It's conceited ignorance to keep saying that non-Calvinists don't understand Calvinism or its historical baggage.
    C) Calvinism does not produce humility, but thankfully, the Holy Ghost in Calvinists does.

6. George Antonios

George Antonios Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And many Calvinists are ignorant, as I was, of the history behind the development of the system:

7. Humble Disciple

Humble Disciple Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Anti-Calvinists are usually also ignorant of church history, that the basic doctrines of Calvinism were already taught by Augustine against Pelagius and Luther against Rome. The doctrines we know today as “Calvinism” are only called that because it was John Calvin who popularized them.

[​IMG]

This ignorance, however, is no excuse for Calvinists to act like they are somehow superior to non-Calvinists. It will only further harden people against doctrines that man, in his natural state, already resists.

8. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism has Biblical bases. Now I am not Calvinist for Biblical reasons. Believing the same Scriptures.

9. Mikey

Mikey Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What utter rubbish. Laughable:Roflmao

• Like Like x 1
  10. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 2
  11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you.
    I need to take some time to read it before I make any comments.

12. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    As R.C. Sproul here explained, Arminians are saved and therefore our brothers in Christ, despite their doctrinal inconsistences:

I have no reason to doubt the salvation of Leighton Flowers. I am bothered by how often he displays that, despite claiming to be a former Calvinist, he never understood Calvinism in the first place.

Nominal Calvinists who don't understand the Bible and church history very well will be fooled by Dr. Flowers' claims like Augustine invented the doctrine of unconditional election due to the influence of Manicheism, which is unfortunate.

I don't believe that Dr. Flowers deliberately lies about Calvinism and its doctrinal foundations but instead that, for whatever reason, he's embittered toward Calvinism, thus compromising his objectivity.

13. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
  14. Humble Disciple

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think I finally understand the doctrine of limited atonement. The atonement is limited, not in its power, but in its application.

Jesus died only for those who would believe in Him, not for those who would reject Him. There are numerous passages in the New Testament which teach this.

Limited atonement doesn't mean that those who sincerely desire to be saved will be turned away. Instead, it means that not a drop of Jesus' blood was shed in vain.

Since we don't know the identity of God's elect, we are to preach the Gospel indiscriminately, for it's the hearing of the Gospel by which faith is awakened in the elect:

If you really care about your salvation, that's a sign that you are among the elect.

I donate to India National Inland Mission. Founded by a former Hindu, the organization plants churches throughout India, while operating an orphanage and Bible college:

https://briinstitute.com/mw/ministry.php?ein=956116077

Because of God’s enabling grace acting in His elect, I have faith that my support to foreign missions will be fruitful.

#34 Humble Disciple, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  15. Michael Hollner

Michael Hollner Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (I Timothy 2:4) KJV.

So who do you agree with on this verse, Dr. White or Spurgeon?

16. Michael Hollner

Michael Hollner Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you studied this system and is there proven documentation to prove it has gnostic origins?

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thought Calvin and Luther were sola scriptura, not "and Gnostic Gospels?"

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do they disagree?

19. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @Humble Disciple
    Again thank you for that link to John Piper's book on the five points of Calvinism. It is a very good presentation of his view.

Ok, so I am still not a Calvinist. I do hold a view on that mankind is totally depraved. And God keeps those whom He saves. Hear this, I believe in an unlimited atonement were God has a limited atonement for His elect. I believe the election is conditional in that it is wholly unmerited on the elect's part. The lost who are called and not elected resisted God's grace.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was once there myself, Amyraldism, one more step and you will become a 5 pointer!