1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Video: Why James White Is Sick of The Calvinist Club

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Humble Disciple, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Humble Disciple

Humble Disciple Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the most egregious example of anti-Calvinist prejudice that I've ever seen, and I am offended that Leighton Flowers had Kevin from Beyond the Fundamentals on his show:

Reformed Baptists have existed for hundreds of years, and there have been Reformed Baptists in the SBC from the very beginning. There wouldn't be the BFM without the New Hampshire Confession, and there wouldn't be the New Hampshire Confession without the 1689 London Baptist Confession.

Nowhere does the Bible say that the universe is less than 10,000 years old. Christian geologists discovered the earth's antiquity before Charles Darwin was even born, and one need not accept evolution to see the clear evidence in nature of an old universe.

But I am not going to reject you from a church because of your belief in young earth creationism, just as you shouldn't reject me or Albert Mohler, John Piper, Mark Dever, etc. just because of Calvinism.

I think Kevin might need to go back to the Reformation understanding of the church, "In essentials, unity. In non-essentials, liberty. In all things, charity."