BTW, if I might add that I don't think that Hunt is intentionally misleading. I think he has real troubles comprehending. In the quote I quoted in the above post, I think Mr. Hunt read the quote from Carson and didn't understand what Carson was saying, so he thought Carson's statements supported his point when they didn't.
Same thing goes for the "Spurgeon didn't believe in limited atonement" statements. Hunt misunderstood what the doctrine of limited atonement actually is, and that lead him to believe that Spurgeon denied it when actually Spurgeon was making one of the classic statements of it.
Its these sorts of mistakes that were behind the pleas that Hunt refrain from publishing that came even from some who agreed with him about Calvinism being wrong. The way he used his sources made him look foolish, and showed that he didn't really understand the issues.
Same thing goes for the "Spurgeon didn't believe in limited atonement" statements. Hunt misunderstood what the doctrine of limited atonement actually is, and that lead him to believe that Spurgeon denied it when actually Spurgeon was making one of the classic statements of it.
Its these sorts of mistakes that were behind the pleas that Hunt refrain from publishing that came even from some who agreed with him about Calvinism being wrong. The way he used his sources made him look foolish, and showed that he didn't really understand the issues.