This whole thread seems to have......AGAIN......turned into a bashing of the KJV Bible, not the KJVO position. Happens almost every time. Maybe some of you need to step away and look at the criticism you CLAIM is for the KJVO crowd, and notice how most of your posts are against the KJV Bible instead.
Did you happen to notice that any "bashing" on this thread originated with a "bashing of all 'non-KJV' Bibles" perchance?
You might consider checking posts # 19 & 22 for starters, to see where any "bashing" originated. So who started the bashing, and what is now being responded to, in this. Uh- KJVO.
In addition, another poster suggested that those of us on this thread were lacking in ability to comprehend the discussion, in post # 26. I do not see that one person has "bashed" the
KJV, thus far, on this thread, and I have read every post.
Not '
elevating' the
KJV above any and all other versions, to some "
special status" such as two posters on this thread have seemed to do, one of whom has claimed NOT to be KJVO, and the second who has stated that he does not claim 'inspiration' for the
KJV, whatever any of this may actually mean, does not equal "
bashing" the
KJV.
Although I do wonder why, in virtually every instance I have seen that I can recall, whenever there is some possibility of more than one position, the above said posters, as do you, somehow always seem to wind up
ONLY on the 'side' of the KJV, be the issue that of text or even the rendering of a word or phrase.
BTW, what Baptist decided that any "non-Baptist" translation such as the
KJV,
NIV, or
NASB, should be a "better" translation, than that of a couple of the well-known and most definitely the most "Baptistic" of translations, namely the
NKJV and
HCSB?
Ed