• Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Why follow the world honoring Easter & Christmas

Deacon

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
I thought it was interesting yesterday when I found out my grandson would be having an Easter egg hunt at his pre-school today.

I asked my daugher, "Wouldn't the Jewish parents object?"

She noted that they took all the religious aspects out of the celebration.
It's an Easter egg hunt with a costumed bunny, nothing religious added. UGGGGH

Public schools have tried to remove the relgious aspects from many holidays.

IMHO, there's nothing wrong with various religious holidays,
even if it's a simple ceremonial observation.
But to celebrate it without meaning is silly.

Rob
 

Bro. James

Well-Known Member
Site Supporter
On the other hand, to celebrate with the pagans is an abomination. The question is not what is wrong with it--more at what is right with it?

Jesus said to remember Him in His death. There are no other such commands. Who authorized adding to His Word? Remembering and celebrating are two different concepts.

Selah,

Bro. James
 

ituttut

New Member
gb93433 said:
What did you call the names of the days of the week? Those are such worldly names.
Sorry for the delay gb, out of town, and other duties biting into computing time.

Israel counted their days 1, 2, etc., as you probably know until the Sabbath. The heathen has always used heathen terms, just as they did before Jesus was born, while He walked this earth, and even today. We today are not Israel, and are not connected to their religion of the Temple, or their Law, manners and habits.
 

ituttut

New Member
JerryL said:
If you go by KJV(which I don't) you can find Easter
Act 12:4 And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.
Thanks for the reply Jerry. I was brought up on the KJV, so I'm familiar with it, and love the "turning of the phrases", and who sneers at Shakespeare? When understood it almost mesmerizes one. I have nineteen Bibles for reference, and there is not one of them without an "error" for man is involved. Doe's God not confuse the confused?


At an early age I began to see conflict with this word, knowing Peter was a Jew and He observed the "Passover". Also knew, as all Bibles teach us, we are to do as Jesus requests, and not go off on our own and make up something. All He asks of us is one thing to remember Him by -- As 'oft as we will we eat the bread and drink of the cup.

Could I ask you a question? You know the word Easter is in error in the KJV. If so then where do you find your authority to observe Easter? Is it of God, or man? Then again no one is perfect, and we will all stand before Him to explain our actions, and who it is we believe.
 

ituttut

New Member
Pastor Larry said:
If you are following the world in honoring these days, then you should stop and repent.
Hello Pastor Larry. Was able to get back to my computer before going to bed.

I find you to be very "direct", as I, which brings out the best in us, showing we certainly do believe differently. In the "Body Church" are those that believe on the Lord Jesus Christ for our salvation, and we are shown in scripture that all of our sins have been forgiven. Don't know about you, but I repented (turned to Him the light, changing my mind in the process), and was baptized without hands, being justified through faith, and sealed in by the Holy Spirit. Am I to continually to ask Him to please forgive me of the sins He left behind in order that I can keep repenting?
And you should lay off the rest of us who are not following the world when we honor our Lord at Christmas and Easter.
Dear Pastor, when preaching, or instructing do you not furnish scripture to back you? Can we find in scripture either of these Holy Days was observed by any Apostle, or any understanding Christian, or those of the Apostolic Jewish church in Judea? I endeavor to inform, not embarrass, or judge. If you will, please think on where you have gotten your information. It is not of the Bible.
Perhaps one day your conscience will be sufficiently trained according to Scripture to be able to celebrate our Lord's birth and resurrection with the church.
I'll not answer in kind, but again let the Bible speak for me. We know Jesus could not, and was not born in the month of December, so some one else has told us this. I do not accept the word of this someone, for evidently God did not want man to know for they would do what men do. Try to bring "earthly things" with them as they worship. This is fine for those that have "religion", but not for one in the Body of Christ.

A question you may wish to ask yourself is why do we go to church and worship at Easter time, every year on a Sunday? As posted before, last year people in the various denominations were giving honor, glory, and worship six days after Passover. Jesus told us the "third day", and scripture confirms this fact. Remember me as 'oft as you will with the "bread and the cup. Very straight forward, and to the point of how we are told to remember Him.
 
Top