Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.
Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.
We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!
michelle,Salvation is about repentance. This was the reason for the Son of God to sacrifice himself upon the cross and shed his innocent blood. This is the gospel. There is a need for repentance in order to TRUST and BELIEVE that what Christ Jesus did, does and will do for you is the truth. One must recognize and REPENT of thier sins against our Holy and Righteous God, for the cross to mean anything and for us to EXPERIENCE the peace that surpasseth all understanding. One must experience this, in order to KNOW and understand that they have been forgiven. If one does not understand this vital and important truth of the cross, then how is it you can be saved? How can you pick up your cross and follow him? Is it really only that you believe Jesus was who he said He was, and who the apostles said/witnessed he was? If so, then there would not have been any reason whatsoever for Jesus Christ the Son of God to come in the first place and shed his innocent blood, as God has put it in all men to know he is God, and without excuse. The reason for the cross, was not to bring to us faith, but to bring salvation from OUR SINS AGAINST OUR HOLY GOD - forgiveness of them and cleansing our guilty conscience. Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission of sins. If we have faith in this truth, we will REPENT OF IT and DESIRE God's mercy and forgiveness. I really cannot believe what I am reading on these threads, the baptist threads at that. We sure are witnessing a great falling away, as God has forewarned us would come in the last days just prior to his return.
We now know who will be the "righteous" judge on judgment day----MichelleSooooo, in your opinion, if someone sins, they never were saved? You sure are judgemental. Do you think Billy Graham is saved?
--------------------------------------------------
No, based upon his fruits, he is not yet saved.
You are commanded to judge all "things", you are never commanded to judge anyone. It is not your place to judge whether Billy Graham or anyone else is saved. You may biblically judge his actions and works, you may choose to stay away from him because you feel he is doing harm to the Body of Christ, BUT you are not the Lord and you have no biblical right to decide who is and who is not saved. Shame on you, you are not diety.I am commanded to judge all things.
I repeat - Do you sin? Yes or no will suffice.Originally posted by C4K:
Do you sin Michelle?
Just for the uninformed new posters among us, this phrase is usually (as it is in this case) followed by extrabiblical hogwashThe Lord has shown me too much in this area
Haven't you figured it out yet Roger? If you would understand then you would understandThis is confusing theology.
I am going to bed - I want to see if I can get a yes or no answer before I get up in the morning.Originally posted by C4K:
Do you sin Michelle?
Originally posted by cindig:
You have to understand the position President Bush is in. He can't publically tell people that their religion is going to lead them to hell.
If you are Baptist, surely you have heard of Adrian Rogers, he said it is a sin for a christian not to vote. If Adrian says it, I believe it.
Maybe he [GW Bush] believes the Lord Jesus Christ, but he is definately not yet saved, as shown by his fruits.
I do not need to vote, nor could I vote for such men.